Chapter 12

Kate's POV

''Just. Stay. Away."

''No! Kate wait! I'm sorry!'' he said with a pleading voice trying to stop me from walking away. But that couldn't stop me. I knew I should respect myself. He should have known that lying was bad. Would he even had told me the truth if I hadn't found out by accident?

''And you should be. But, stay away. Don't follow me. Don't make things worse," I said not sparing him a glance trying to keep in the tears that were still threatening to fall.

I walked away and he didn't follow me. I didn't want to be near him. I didn't even know how I felt. Betrayed? Sad? Angry? Disappointed?Emotion mixed inside of me made me want to scream and shout out loud. However I couldn't find the courage to do so as if the words got stuck in my throat.

He should have told me the truth instead of lying. The worst truth is better than the greatest lie. Of course I would be angry. However there would be only one thing to forgive. Now there were two since he had lied.

But he wasn't the one at fault. There was also my brother. The same blood as mine yet he had done something like that. I didn't know if I felt more disappointed by him or in Changbin. Of course Jisung was annoying as hell however I trusted him with all my heart. I knew he loved me and that was why he was teasing me all the time. How could I look at him in the eyes after that incident?

I came closer to the building and spotted Natalie with Jisung. They were sitting on someone's car bonnet. I came closer to them and thank god I didn't meet Xukun or one of his friends on the way. On the one hand I felt like being alone however I knew that wouldn't be a good idea. Beside I had to see Natalie to make sure she really was alright.

They must have felt my presence because they looked at me. Natalie stood up and ran up to me without hesitation. She was worried and relieved at the same time. I breathed out deeply waiting for a girl to come to me.

''Kate! God, I'm so sorry. It's my fault. I took you here. Please forgive me. I know I'm an awful friend but-'' she said without any pause holding my shoulders.

''Shhhh," I cut her off. ''You're the best, Natalie. It's not your fault. Please don't blame yourself. But...why did you take part in this stupid competition?! You could have die or even worse!" I yelled as I pulled away. How could she be so reckless? Wasn't she afraid of death?

''I don't think there is something worse than dying," Natalie said and we both chuckled. She knew how to ease the atmosphere. Even in a situation like that one she made me laugh sincerely. Even though it wasn't that funny however we were both tired and probably still in shock so it wasn't hard to laugh. However at the back of my head Changbin appeared suddenly and I couldn't even put a smile on my face.

''Kate, you're alright?" asked Jisung coming closer and I got angry again. Now I had to face him. I hadn't thought that looking into his eyes would be so hard.

''No, I'm not. Why didn't you tell me earlier?" I forced myself to look into his eyes that were full of sadness and regret. However I couldn't just forgive him on the spot just because he was sorry right?

''Did you see what happened today?" he asked me and I just snorted. Did he really think that was the case? That the 'I wanted to protect you' excuse would work?

''It wouldn't have happen if you had told me earlier about this, don't you think so?" I asked rhetorically faking a smile. The madness I felt was overwhelming but I couldn't stop.

''Maybe you're right, maybe not but-'' he tried to explain himself again but I didn't want his explanations. I wanted the truth. The whole truth.

''Is there something more you're hiding from me?" I interrupted him rudely as I just needed to hear the information I had wanted. I was fed up with all those secrets they had been keeping for who knew how long.