Chapter 11

"Lucy?" Luke's voice was echoing through the apartment.

"Yeah?" Lucy put her head out of the bathroom door and saw her brother just putting on a white shirt. She was still preparing to get ready for tonight while he, of course, was already finished and ready to go. They would be at Rossi's again and this time Lucy couldn't wait for that Italian dinner Rossi had planned. It meant that she would meet Spencer again. It wasn't as if she hadn't seen him in days. In fact, she had seen him almost every day through the last weeks. If they only had paperwork to do in the office, Spencer had appeared at the bookshop before or after work like he had been doing when Lucy had been working at the Starbucks.

He then walked through the shelves, looked at books and sometimes he bought something. And whenever he was there, Lucy and Spencer would talk about their days and about books. And she just loved it. Sometimes, even Miss Willoughby would join them and bring them some tea or coffee when there was not much to do in the store anyway. And it seemed as if she liked Spencer too. She had told Lucy that he seemed to be a nice and intelligent man and that she should finally tell him that she liked him before another woman would come his way and he'd choose her. Lucy had sighed and nodded. She knew that Miss Willoughby was right. But Lucy didn't dare to tell Spencer how much she liked him. Not yet. She was afraid their friendship might get destroyed if he wouldn't have the same feelings for her. So, she rather enjoyed the time they spent together than risking anything right now.

"Would you take your guitar to Rossi's tonight?", Luke asked and pulled Lucy out of her thoughts. She looked at him in surprise.

"Why?"

He shrugged. "Because I haven't heard you playing some songs in a while and I missed it", he then explained with a little smirk on his face. Lucy chuckled and went to grab her beloved guitar. Luke was right. She hadn't played her guitar since she came to D.C. It was about time to start with it again.

"You really think your friends want to listen to what I play and sing?", Lucy skeptically asked. She had always loved to sing and play the guitar but she hadn't played in front of people she barely knew. She already felt insecure. What if they wouldn't like it?

"Of course, they want to. I'll make them." He winked and Lucy chuckled.

The siblings left the apartment only ten minutes later to drive to Rossi's. Thinking about the amazing Italian food the profiler would cook tonight, Lucy could already hear her stomach growl. She had barely eaten today since it had been quite busy in the bookstore.

Not long after Luke and Lucy had arrived at the Rossi mansion, the head chef had conjured an amazing meal. Sitting between Spencer and Penelope again, Lucy enjoyed it a lot. She couldn't remember to have ever eaten better Spaghetti Carbonara. It was delicious. For a dessert, Rossi had made Tiramisu and Lucy had almost squealed when he had brought it to the table. Tiramisu was one of her favorite desserts and she put a huge spoon full of it on her plate. Spencer watched her with a little smirk. "Looks as if someone's desperate to get that Tiramisu into her belly", he chuckled.

Lucy poked her tongue out at him and boxed him into his ribs what caused him to let out a loud "Hey!" Everyone laughed and Lucy just grinned at Spencer before she just placed some Tiramisu on his plate too.

"As if you wouldn't die to try that as well", she said.

"You two are just so cute!", Penelope exclaimed and Lucy immediately started to scoop the sweet dessert into her mouth so she would be busy with doing something. Maybe then the others wouldn't see her red cheeks. Spencer next to her, was doing the same. Oh god, that's embarrassing, Lucy thought as she ate. They were just friends, nothing more. But was the team sensing that she liked him more than she would admit to anyone?