Chapter 67

The days between Christmas and New Year's Eve, Lucy and Spencer tried to enjoy to the fullest. Although there always was the risk of a case coming in, they tried to not think about that possibility constantly. Instead, Spencer took Lucy for long, romantic strolls through the huge park when everything was full of snow and white, like in a winter wonderland. Lucy loved it. Snow and winter weren't her favorite things. But when winter was as beautiful as it was this year, she could start to love it.

Lucy also wanted to go ice skating and was really excited about it while Spencer just couldn't feel happy about that. He had told her more than once that he was incredibly bad in ice skating, but Lucy was stubborn. She insisted on going with him and so he eventually joined her on her way to the ice skating rink. Lucy had called Luke, Penelope and JJ to ask if they wanted to join them and they all had said yes. JJ even brought Henry, Michael and Will. Spencer grimaced when he saw all the people he knew waiting for them at the entry.

"There you are!", Penelope exclaimed and pulled Lucy in a hug as soon as they'd arrive. "I can't believe you're making Spencer ice skating", she giggled and Lucy grinned widely.

"It took me hours and hours to get him that far", she confessed. Spencer just rolled his eyes at the women.

"If one of you laughs, I'm gone", he murmured as he grabbed his ice skates and put them on. Lucy bit her bottom lip to hold back a giggle. He was so damn cute when he didn't agree with something but still did the thing just to make her happy.

Soon enough, they all stood on the ice, trying to ice skate. Lucy was good in it and so was Luke. "Of course, the siblings are looking amazing out there!", Penelope exclaimed as she grasped at the boards, trying not to fall on the hard, cold ice. Spencer was standing next to her, doing the same. They looked so ridiculously funny, Lucy and Luke couldn't help but laugh and move towards them. Lucy grabbed Spencer's hand and gently dragged him with her.

"My knees are trembling", he breathed. Lucy squeezed his hand.

"Don't look down. Look at me", she said. First, he hesitated, but then he did so. Lucy smiled when she saw that Spencer got more and more secure on those ice skates. And his face finally started to relax. Not long and he could take round after round with less help from Lucy. She looked at the others. Luke was helping Penelope. JJ and Will were busy with their boys. They all looked like they had a lot of fun. Lucy smiled. It had been a good idea to come here.

"Come on!" Spencer grabbed Lucy's hand and they started to ice skate together, hand in hand. It was one of the most romantic things Lucy had ever done with Spencer so far. His smile grew wider. "Thank you", he said.

"For what?"

"For being so stubborn and not letting go of something until I finally agree to try it out", Spencer explained and his eyes were so full of love for her, Lucy's heart almost burst because of all the love she had for him in return.

Lucy laughed and stopped, making Spencer stop as well since they were holding hands. Without saying a word, he pulled her closer and then kissed her with so much passion, Lucy's knees got weak. She clawed her fingers into his jacket and grinned into the kiss. How did she ever deserve a man like him? He was just too good for this world, too good for her. But she shook those thoughts off again. He was here, he was with her. He wanted her. And she wanted him. She couldn't imagine life without Spencer in it anymore and there were moments, this thought scared her a bit. She had never loved like this before and she was certain, that she wouldn't be able to love that much ever again.

"What's going on in that beautiful head?", Spencer quietly asked. But before Lucy could answer, Penelope and Luke had reached them, tearing them apart.

"Hey!", Lucy squealed as she felt her brother's arms around her. The romantic moment was destroyed by her friend and her brother, of course. Luke swirled her around, laughing loudly. Michael and Henry came over, joined by their parents.

"Lucy, uncle Spencer, will you chase us?", Henry asked with sparkling eyes. While Lucy nodded, Spencer shook his head.

"I'm not good enough in ice skating to be able to chase after you, Henry", he said and then glanced over to Luke. "But uncle Luke is!", he added and Henry turned towards Lucy's brother to ask him the same question.

"Sure", Luke grinned and counted to three while the boys – Henry very secure on his skates and Michael not so much, but totally motivated – hurried away. Lucy and Luke started to chase after them and it was a lot of fun for everyone.

When not only the kids but also the adults were freezing uncomfortably, they decided to leave and go home. Lucy couldn't wait to take a hot shower and so did Spencer. Since they had only one bathroom, the one who was in there first, won. And Lucy did so. Laughing, she closed the door and hurried to get out of her clothes and jump under the hot water. Not long after she'd turned it on and stepped into the shower, the bathroom door opened and Spencer joined her. "Hey, it was my turn first", she said when she felt his hands on her naked hips. Spencer kissed her neck and she closed her eyes and tried not to moan.

"But I was freezing terribly, I couldn't wait", he murmured.

"Oh, and I don't want you to freeze like that and maybe get sick", Lucy replied as she turned around in his arms. They both smiled at each other and Lucy had to admit, taking a shower together was much more fun than alone.

Later – it was already dark outside – Lucy and Spencer snuggled up on the couch, dressed in comfortable sweaters, jogging pants and fluffy socks. Lucy had even made two huge cups of delicious hot chocolate with little marshmallows in it. For a while, the couple just sat there cuddled up, enjoying their drinks in silence. Then Spencer turned to Lucy. "What was going through your head when I kissed you during ice skating?", he asked and took her by surprise with that question. Oh dear, how could she explain to him what she felt? How could anyone put those feelings into words? She cleared her throat and put the cup of hot chocolate back on the coffee table.

"I...was thinking about how much I love you. How you've changed my world and how happy you make me", she eventually said with a soft smile. Spencer stroked her cheek and kissed her gently.

"Same goes to you, darling", he whispered against her lips. "You wanna know what mom said after I've brought her back to Vegas?" Lucy nodded. Of course, she wanted to know. "She threated me, saying that if I should mess up this relationship she'd be mad at me forever", Spencer said with a grin and Lucy chuckled. She put her feet up on the couch and grabbed her cup of hot chocolate again.

"Well, she wouldn't be the only one being mad at you", Lucy said with a huge grin. Spencer sighed.

"Oh yeah. There'd also be you, of course, and your brother...hell, your brother would kill me, right?" Now they both laughed and Lucy snuggled back into Spencer's arms.

"Thank god that won't happen", she quietly said as she pressed a slight kiss on his jawline. This might be naïve from her, but she couldn't imagine Spencer ever hurting her. And she couldn't imagine herself hurting him. They needed each other way too much to do something like this, no matter if people said the ones you loved most could hurt you most.