Kapitel 62

"Lucy, can you please sing some Disney songs?" Henry looked at Lucy with sparkling, blue eyes and how could anyone resist such a cute boy? Well, she couldn't. JJ and Will had brought their boys to Spencer and Lucy an hour ago and Spencer had just gone to grab some stuff in the supermarket.

"Alright. Let me just get my guitar", she said smiling. Henry and Michael waited patiently for her to come back. "Okay, what do you guys want to hear?" she said as she adjusted the guitar on her lap. She hadn't played it in almost two weeks – there just hadn't been enough time to actually enjoy the music. For a moment, both boys remained silent as they thought about Lucy's question. In the end, it was Henry to tell her what to play. Michael was too little to remember any song titles.

"The lion king!", Henry eventually said with a big grin on his face. Lucy laughed. Oh, she loved the songs from that movie as well. And she knew how to play them on her guitar. So, she started with Circle of life, just in the moment when Spencer came back home. He smiled at his girlfriend and the two boys, and went to put all the food into the kitchen before he joined them in the living room.

"From the day, we arrive on the planet.

And blinking, step into the sun.

There's more to see than can ever be seen.

More to do than can ever be done.

There's far too much to take in here.

More to find than can ever be found.

But the sun rolling high through the sapphire sky keeps great and small on the endless round.

It's the circle of life.

And it moves us all.

Through despair and hope, through faith and love.

Till we find our place on the path unwinding

In the circle, the circle of life"

The boys sat on the living room floor and looked up to Lucy, who was sitting on the couch. Their facial expressions told her that they were in awe and when she glanced over to Spencer, she could see the admiring smile on his lips. As soon as Lucy had ended the song, the boys and Spencer burst out into loud applause. "More!", Michael screamed and Spencer and Lucy laughed. Of course, she'd play another song. Or two. Or three. She just enjoyed this way too much.

In the end, Lucy had played and sang Hakuna Matata, which the boys sang along to loudly, You'll be in my heart fromTarzan, How far I'll go from Moana and Colors of the wind from Pocahontas. Then Lucy needed a break and snuggled up to Spencer on the couch. Michael and Henry were allowed to watch one of their favorite movies and at some point, Lucy went to prepare dinner for the little ones.

"You know, I'm always amazed when I hear you sing and play the guitar", Spencer said when he joined Lucy to help her preparing Swedish meatballs with pasta.

Lucy looked at him frowning. "Why?"

Spencer shrugged while he put the pasta into the boiling water. "Because I think it's awesome that you can just play songs out of nowhere. You don't seem to need any notes to know how to play a melody. You just play them and you're...just..." Now he looked at her with an adoring smile and Lucy felt her heart melt.

"Awww, you're so cute", she said and stood on her tiptoes to kiss him. "It's just something I really like and enjoy doing", she then simply continued. She couldn't explain why it was possible for her to play melodies without having to read the notes. "And you shouldn't be that amazed, you're the genius here", she added laughing.

"I may be", Spencer chuckled, "but I could never play like you. I can play the piano a little bit but that's all."

"Oh, so you can play an instrument!", Lucy exclaimed what made him laugh out loud.

"But I'm not good at it!", he answered back.

For a moment, they both remained silent while preparing dinner and listened to Michael and Henry playing and talking in the living room. Lucy smiled.

Running feet were heard some minutes later and Henry appeared in the kitchen. "Is dinner ready soon? Michael's hungry", he explained.

"Yeah buddy, just give us another ten minutes, okay?", Spencer said as he ruffled the boy's blonde hair. He giggled and went back to his little brother.

"Aren't they adorable?", Lucy said with a grin and Spencer just nodded. He grabbed the plates and started to set the table. He enjoyed babysitting the boys as much as Lucy did.

~

"Spencer?" Lucy pulled away a bit and looked at her boyfriend. It was after midnight and they were lying in bed after JJ and Will had come to pick up the boys, who had been sleeping on the couch for a while, with them.

"Hm?"

"Have you...have you ever...thought about...having children of your own?" Lucy's heart pounded nervously against her chest. She had been thinking about that almost all evening. She knew that she wanted to have children some day and now she was wondering what she'd do if Spencer would say that he didn't want to have any. Could she accept it? Could she live with that?

When a little smile appeared on Spencer's lips, she started to relax again. "Of course, I did. And yes, I'd love to have children at some point." Lucy let out a relieved sigh.

"Oh good", she murmured.

"You want kids too?", Spencer asked and Lucy nodded. She rolled back to him and wrapped an arm around his torso.

"Two, at least", she grinned and Spencer chuckled. He wriggled on the mattress to get more comfortable.

"What would you name them?"

"Hmm..." Lucy bit her bottom lip and thought for a moment. There were so many names she liked. "Valentina. Or Tyler. Yeah, I like those two names. What about you?"

"I have no idea, to be honest. I've never actually thought about baby names. But...what about Ethan or Jason? Or Max?"

Lucy made a face. "Nooo", she laughed and buried her face in Spencer's neck.

"Why not?", he asked; his voice a few octaves higher than usual. Lucy just shrugged.

"I don't know, I just...can't imagine my children to have those names", she then said and had to chuckle once more. "Guess what? Let's talk about this when...when it actually becomes a topic, okay?", she then suggested before this could get out of hands and turn into a huge argument between them. If they would have children one day, they would have that conversation anyway. Spencer agreed and pulled Lucy closer to him. He kissed her lips. It was time to sleep and Lucy suddenly felt incredibly tired. Only seconds after she'd closed her eyes, she fell asleep.