Chapter 95

"And? How is Lucy doing? How are the babies? Are they born yet?" Penelope literally jumped at Spencer as soon as he'd left the OR. He took the blonde woman's hand and dragged her with him to the others. Luke stood up from his chair as soon as he spotted Spencer.

"They're born, a boy and a girl!", Spencer burst out with the biggest grin on his face. Everyone broke out in cheer and Spencer got hugged and kissed by everyone. He was so happy, he couldn't even put it into words. Yes, the babies would have to get some special treatment at the beginning because of their earlier birth, but chances were more than just high for them to turn out all healthy.

"Can we see them? And Lucy?", Penelope excitedly asked, but Spencer shook his head.

"The babies are in an incubator for now and Lucy is still in the OR. She's exhausted and I guess even if she would want to see you all...she wouldn't make it. She should get some rest first." Spencer glanced over to Luke. Of course, Lucy's brother wouldn't leave this hospital without having seen her. And Spencer hadn't even thought of telling him to go home.

"He's right", JJ said, "we should all come back tomorrow." She went over to Spencer again and gave him another hug. "Congratulations, Spence. You're going to be an amazing father", she whispered into his ear before kissing his cheek and leaving. The rest of the team followed her - except for Luke.

"You want a coffee?", he asked Spencer.

"Oh yes, please", he sighed and sank down on a chair. A coffee was what he could need right now after those exciting hours. And they had been exhausting for him as well. While they waited for Lucy to be brought into her room, they drank the hospital coffee out of paper cups. When Lucy finally was in her room, Spencer and Luke went inside to see her.

"Hey sis, how are you doing?" Luke kissed his sister's cheek.

"Good", she replied with a tired smile. "Have you seen our babies already?", Lucy asked Spencer. He shook his head.

"Not yet. But I'll go and ask a midwife if I can see them and if it's even possible to bring them here, okay?" Spencer had wanted to check on his wife first since the babies might still be in special treatment after their birth. But Lucy was dying to see her babies and if she wouldn't have been so exhausted right now, she'd gone to see them.

While Spencer had gone to check on the twins, Luke had taken a chair and pulled it closer to Lucy's bed. "Do you know when our parents will be here?", she asked him while she could feel her eyes getting heavy.

"They're on their way and must be here in a few hours. They can't wait to meet their grandchildren, they're so excited", Luke told her with a chuckle. "You should get some sleep, Lu."

"No, I...I want to wait for Spencer to return. I need to know how our twins are doing. They...they should have been in my stomach for a bit longer and I want to know that they're alright." She was worried and she couldn't hide it.

But Luke took her hand and gave her a smile. "I'm sure they're alright." After hearing those words, Lucy drifted away into dreamland. She just couldn't manage to stay awake for any longer. But somehow, she could sense when Spencer came back into her room and her eyes flew open again.

"How are they?", she asked him. He first kissed her before he replied.

"They're doing good. The midwife and doctors said that they'll only have to stay in the incubator for two days if everything goes well."

Lucy sighed in relief. "Thank god."

"They're strong and they're the most beautiful babies I've ever seen", Spencer said with a smile and kissed Lucy once more. "But you need to sleep now. And when you're feeling better, we can go and see our babies together, okay?"

"Okay..." Lucy fell back asleep within seconds. Spencer and Luke both stayed with her, sitting in their chairs and quietly talking to each other.

"You won't tell me the names you chose for your twins, right?", Luke grinned at some point. Spencer grinned back and took a sip of his new coffee.

"Nope, I won't. Lucy and I will tell you and the rest of the team tomorrow or whenever we'll have you guys all here. We want you to introduce to our babies properly", the young agent said. Luke could understand that and would wait. He was just curious since he knew the couple have had quite a hard time to decide for names, both, Lucy and Spencer had told him.

~

Hours later, Lucy woke up and felt much better. Her and Luke's parents had arrived as well and after saying hello to them, Luke brought them to the hospital restaurant to have a coffee. "Spence, bring me to our twins, yeah?" Lucy sat up straight in her bed. She couldn't wait any longer. And if the babies couldn't be brought to her, she'd go and visit them.

"Okay. Wait a minute." Spencer left the room and came back shortly after, a wheelchair in front of him. With a little smile, Lucy took place in it – with a little help from her husband. She was so excited. Only minutes and she'd finally see her babies properly!

Spencer rolled the wheelchair close to the two incubators. In each of them, a small baby was laying. There were tubes around them and they looked so tiny in there, Lucy felt tears filling her eyes. A nurse, who saw it, rushed over to the couple.

"Oh, Mrs. Reid, don't be worried. The babies are doing fine. It's just a precaution to put them into the incubator. I know the tubes look scary, especially when they surround babies. But they're okay." She put a hand on Lucy's shoulder and then opened the incubator so the couple could finally touch their children. As carefully as possible, Lucy gently touched her daughter's tiny fingers.

"Oh, god. She's so...cute", she whispered while staring at the baby in front of her. Spencer was stroking the baby boy's thin arm.

"They're beautiful, aren't they?", Spencer murmured. Lucy had to agree. She was so full of love for these tiny humans, she couldn't even put that love into words. Spencer and Lucy stayed with their babies for almost an hour before they went back into Lucy's room.

"Maybe they can bring them into your room tomorrow already", Spencer said as they slowly made their way to Lucy's room.

"That would be great", Lucy sighed. She was still tired but seeing her babies had made her feel a thousand times better. She was dying for holding them in her arms for the first time and if this could happen the next day, she'd be incredibly happy.