Chapter 15

"I got the apartment!" Lucy jumped in the air, filled with joy and excitement. It had taken not even as long as she had imagined to find something for herself and the apartment she had just gotten the yes to wasn't far away from Luke's as well. She had no idea how she could have been this lucky, but she was thankful. It looked as if her life was finally turning around and she was getting back on track again.

Smiling brightly, Lucy hurried to grab the car keys and drove to the bureau. She knew, her brother was there doing paperwork for today and she just had to tell him the news. She would have to go and sign the contract anyway today so she could also drive to Luke and tell him personally instead of just giving him a call.

When Lucy stepped through the glass door, she could spot her brother almost immediately. He and Spencer were sitting on opposite desks, their heads buried in some files. Lucy came closer and when the men heard her footsteps, they looked up. Both their faces lit up at the sight of Lucy and she felt her heart starting to beat faster when her eyes met Spencer's. Damn, why did he have to look so good every time they met? That wasn't fair!

"Hey Lu, what are you doing here?", Luke said and got up from his chair to pull Lucy in an embrace.

"I've got good news", she grinned and when Luke raised his eyebrows, she burst out with the information that she finally found an apartment.

"Wow, that's great!", Luke exclaimed and hugged her once more. "Where is it?"

"Not far away from yours", Lucy said. Then she turned to Spencer. "I would need some strong men to help me get my stuff from Luke's apartment into mine in some days. If you two wouldn't be busy by then, would you mind helping me?" Both, Luke and Spencer nodded.

"Of course", Spencer smiled.

"Great, thank you!", Lucy said and after having a little chat with the two of them she made her way to the landlord to sign the contract for her apartment. Then she hurried back home. There would be some things she had to organize now before she could move out of her brother's place. And she was overly excited to finally have her own place.

~

Two week later, on a weekend, Spencer appeared at Luke's apartment, ready to help Lucy moving. And much to her surprise, not only the genius agent showed up, but also JJ, Emily and Penelope who had offered to come and help.

"Thank you so much, guys", Lucy said, obviously, a bit overwhelmed. She hadn't thought that someone else would come and help her but there they were, standing there with smiles and giving her hugs.

"An own apartment! That's so exciting!", Penelope exclaimed as she threw her arms around Lucy. "We need to have a movie night together, with lots of food!"

Lucy laughed. "Oh, we totally have to!", she agreed. "But first...we need to get all that stuff down the street." She pointed to all the cardboard boxes that were standing in the corridor. She didn't own that much but there were still her clothes, books and toiletries, not to mention Lucy's beloved guitar and the bed and closet that Luke had allowed her to take with into her new place. Already in the apartment was the new furniture Lucy had bought some days ago: a couch, table and chairs, coffee table, an own TV and things for the kitchen.

It took the team about two hours to get Lucy's stuff in her apartment. There, they started to build all the furniture so Lucy could start living there from the beginning and wouldn't have to sit on the ground to eat or watch TV.

At the end of the day, Lucy's apartment already looked comfortable. Of course, there would be still some things that she would have to buy or to rearrange to make it even cozier. But it was nice and good looking already. Penelope even had brought her a fluffy unicorn pillow and blanket and Lucy had squealed. "Thank you so much, Penelope, I love it!" She had given her friend a tight hug.

The sun was about to go down when Luke, Penelope, Emily and JJ said their goodbyes to Lucy. She hugged them all and repeated how thankful she was that they had helped her. The last one that was slowly walking towards the door was Spencer. He had hidden his hands in the pockets of his pants and a little smile was on his lips. Lucy looked at him for a moment, before she made a decision.

"Uhm...would you...like to have a coffee before you leave?" She could feel her heart pounding nervously against her chest while she waited for Spencer to respond.

"Yeah, I'd fancy that", he then said and his smile grew wider when Lucy grinned as well.

"Great! Then let's inaugurate the new coffee machine Luke has given me!", she exclaimed and dragged him with her. Spencer laughed at her excitement.

"Do you even know how it works?", he asked and Lucy spun around, putting her hands on her hips and looked at Spencer indignantly.

"Of course, I do!", she said, "I'll prove you." She walked into the kitchen and turned on the coffee machine. She searched for two cups – which were already standing in the cupboard right above the machine – and placed one on the coffee machine so the delicious brew could pour into it. Eventually, the kitchen was filled with the delicious smell of fresh coffee and Lucy handed Spencer his cup.

"Black, with a ton of sugar in it, right?", she asked grinning. Spencer nodded.

"That's absolutely right. But...do you even have sugar?" His brown eyes sparkled when he saw Lucy opening her mouth slowly.

"Oh...shit, no", she confessed. But Spencer didn't care.

"Don't worry, I can also drink it without sugar", he calmed her down. Lucy let out the air she had been holding in for some reason. Smirking, he took some sips and watched Lucy preparing her own coffee – of course it was a Latte Macchiato. She wondered why she had thought about getting milk but not sugar. Well, maybe because she didn't add sugar to her coffee...

"Your apartment looks lovely already", Spencer then said and Lucy looked up.

"Yeah, I think so too. I guess I'll feel very comfortable here." She smiled at him and then went back to the living room. Spencer followed her. They sat down on the grey couch and Lucy grabbed the blanket she had gotten from Penelope. For the rest of the day, Lucy and Spencer talked to each other about what just came to their minds. And when he had eventually left and Lucy was alone in her apartment, she snuggled back into the blanket and tried out the TV.

But her thoughts couldn't focus on any TV show or movie that was on. She could only think about Spencer. She just always felt so comfortable with him but also a bit nervous. Like, her heart was mostly racing a bit too fast in her chest when she felt his eyes on her. His smile made the butterflies in her stomach fly around excitedly. Never had she felt like this when she was with a man. Not even with her ex-boyfriends. But Lucy didn't dare to tell him. What if Spencer didn't feel the same for her? What if it would pull him away from her? They had developed a friendship and she didn't want to destroy that. So, she decided to keep her feelings to herself for a bit longer.