Chapter 33

A little bit nervous, Lucy let her hands glide over her light pink dress, trying to flatten the fabric. She was waiting for Spencer since almost an hour. He had called her then to tell her he'd be back in about an hour and Lucy couldn't wait to see him again. The team had been away for almost two weeks, solving a case in San Diego. And Lucy had missed Spencer every day. She had asked him if he had already eaten something. When he'd said no, Lucy decided to cook and place some candles on the table and decorating it affectionately. She knew, Spencer might be too exhausted to go out for dinner tonight.

Now Lucy was waiting for Spencer to finally arrive, wearing the new dress. She had no idea if he'd like it but she really hoped so. Penelope had been so excited about her buying it when the two of them had gone for a shopping spree and Penelope had said that Spencer would freak out if he saw her in this. The thought of it made Lucy smirk. She had just put two wine glasses on the table, when she heard the front door open and close again. She had spent all day in Spencer's apartment today – not sure why she had been here. It wasn't as if she didn't have her own place, but she felt comfortable here. She tended to come here while Spencer was away on a case; she didn't miss him that much when she was here, where there were his clothes, his books, all his belongings. Sometimes, Lucy snuggled into one of his comfortable sweaters that smelled like him. But of course, she wouldn't fully admit that she missed him every time he wasn't in town. She didn't want him to feel bad when he had to do his job just because she wished he'd be home with her. It was his job. And she understood that it was important to him and two a lot of innocent victims.

"Hey, babe." Spencer had come to the kitchen, wrapping his arms around Lucy from behind and kissing her neck.

"Hey", she smiled and turned around so he could properly kiss her.

"You're cooking?"

Lucy nodded. "Yeah, seems so." She smirked and then turned around again.

"And what are we going to eat?", Spencer asked curiously while he glanced over her shoulder.

"Saffron risotto and chicken breast out of the oven", Lucy explained while she turned around again to stir the risotto in the big pan.

"It smells amazing", Spencer said before he told her that he'd take a shower first if that'd be okay. Lucy agreed since it would still take a moment for the dinner to be ready.

Half an hour later, Spencer and Lucy were sitting at the beautifully decorated table, full plates in front of them. Spencer looked around; his brown eyes were sparkling. "Why's all the decoration and the candles?", he asked with a little smile.

Lucy shrugged. "I just felt like doing it. And...I missed you during all those days. I wanted something special", she explained quietly. Spencer just nodded and then took a first bite of his food.

"This...is delicious", he murmured as he started to cut the chicken. Lucy chuckled. She loved when he was happy like this. It didn't take a lot to make Spencer smile. He was one of those people who didn't need much to be happy.

They ate while Spencer told Lucy a bit about the case; although he mostly didn't like to talk about it, sometimes it was a relief for him to talk to Lucy about what had happened. She just listened, didn't judge and didn't ask too many questions. She was there for him. And Spencer was truly thankful for that.

When Lucy served the dessert – a tiramisu she quickly had made – Spencer grabbed her wrist when she'd put the plate in front of him and pulled her closer. Lucy raised her eyebrows at him and squealed briefly when Spencer dragged her into his lap without a warning. "What's the matter?", she chuckled and wrapped her arms around Spencer's neck. He looked up at her.

"I guess I haven't told you yet how amazing this dress looks on you", he quietly said. His lips were only millimeters away from hers. A smile crept on Lucy's face.

"Oh, so you like it?", she teased, shifting on his lap.

"Ugh, I do, obviously", he murmured before he pressed his lips against Lucy's. She grinned into the kiss. He had been away for too long; they had missed each other more than Lucy could have ever thought.

"Well, Penelope has...said that...you would...totally...like it", Lucy murmured whenever Spencer's lips parted from hers.

"She's been working with me for twelve years now, she knows me", Spencer chuckled while his arms wrapped around Lucy even tighter. It felt good to be so close to him again.

"We should...probably eat the tiramisu now", Lucy said after some more kisses and slowly got up from Spencer's lap. The young agent groaned and let his head sink back for a second or two. He looked as if he had wanted to bring Lucy into the bedroom any minute and had forgotten about the delicious dessert she had made for him.

Lucy chuckled when she watched her boyfriend being slightly frustrated. She would have to thank Penelope for encouraging her to buy this dress. He really enjoyed watching her wearing it. While they both ate, Lucy could feel Spencer's eyes on her every few seconds. She tried to hide a smirk, but she wasn't successful at all. "What?", she asked before she put her spoon down and leaned back in her chair.

Spencer sighed and did the same. "As much as I loved your dinner, you...you're a distraction in this dress, you know that?", he explained. Now Lucy couldn't hold back a laugh. She stood up from her chair, went over to Spencer and sat down on his lap once more.

"You want to tell me you'd rather be doing something else than enjoying that tiramisu?", she teased with a smirk. Spencer nodded.

"We can still eat it later or even tomorrow", he quietly said before he started to kiss her neck. Lucy sighed. He won. She couldn't resist him any longer. She let him lift her up and wrapped her legs around his waist while Spencer carried her towards the bedroom.

This night would be going to be one of the best, Lucy was sure. It was always like that when Spencer had been away for so long. They always needed time for each other when he came back. And it wasn't any other way around this time.