04

Austin

Thunder booms from the gray clouds above but no rain falls. I look at the clouds with a football in hand hoping that it'll rain, just to the point to where practice is over. I throw the ball over to Carson and made my way to the benches to get a drink of water. Before school ended, Carson, Levy, and I skipped last period and hung out in the locker rooms. It's not like we had to attend anyway, it was study hall. And it's not like we do the work either.

"It better rain. Practice is a drag," Levy says walking up to me.

I nod in agreement. "I know. I'm not feeling it today."

He nods his head and takes a swig of his water bottle. Carson joins us and takes a seat on the bench, but doesn't say anything and stares off into the distance. Coach has been a little harsh on him today. Why? No clue. The boys and I can't seem to figure it out, but we don't question coach or else we'd all get punished. And his idea of punishment is worse than his suicide runs.

To the side of me, Carson and Levy start laughing out of no where. I turn around to look at them with a scrunched up nose and a questioning gaze. "Paparazzi's here," Carson lets out. Furrowing my eyebrows, I turn around and see the Freak walking towards me with her usual camera hanging around her neck.

I haven't really found out the actual reason why people call her that, but from what I've heard it seems to fit. The way she'd take pictures at random and of people, doesn't seem all that normal at all. It makes her seem like a stalker if anything. And who knows what she does with those pictures. I shudder at the thought of her having pictures of me.

It takes me a second or two to figure out why she's here, but it clicks and I internally groan: it's interview time. Carson and Levy laugh even harder when they see the realization written across my face. I throw my head back and let out an exasperated sigh.

"Hi Austin, I'm-" she starts, but I cut her off before she can get another word out.

"Ok look, today isn't a good day for me, so just take my picture and get it over with," I say.

She looks taken aback by this and stands there staring at me with eyebrows raised, shock evident in her features. I roll my eyes as she - like every girl here - probably thought I'd see something "special" in her and ask her out or something. That theory soon diminishes when her expression changes, to what seems to be resentment; not awe stricken nor intimidated, as I thought she'd be.

"I also need to interview you," she tries to point out.

I roll my eyes at her lame attempt of an excuse. "No need for that" I say, shaking my head. "Rewrite what that other person wrote in the yearbook from last year,"

Realization crosses her face along with disgust as she shakes her head and lets out a bitter laugh. "Is it really that hard to answer a few questions about yourself?" she asks bitterly.

My eyebrows raise, slightly shocked at her outburst. "No, I just don't see the point in answering stupid questions," I shoot back annoyed. It's like this girl can't take a hint. Answering her questions won't do anyone any good and it's not like anyone reads anything that gets put in the yearbook anyway. "There's nothing interesting to write about me anyway," I add.

She lets out a harsh breath of air and shakes her head again. "Everyone has a story," she says.

I roll my eyes at her ignorance. "Doesn't mean that mines worth telling" I tell her before turning my back toward her and walk away. "Everyone has a story", I mimic in my head. What a bunch of bull. And even if everyone did, it won't be worth knowing or telling. Especially mine.

"That went well," Carson comments, smirking.

"Shut up!" I spat through glared eyes.

"What'd you expect from talking to the Freak?" Levy adds laughing.

I shake my head at both of them and took a huge swig of my water bottle. I just met her and I already hate her. What makes her think I'm incapable of answering questions about myself? I just don't see the point in answering meaningless questions that no will care about. It certainly won't do them any good either. She better drop this whole interview thing.

✫✫✫