27

Through The Eyes of An Amateur Writer, Here's Austin Moore

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thrilled to interview Austin Moore, our school's all star quarterback. I was. Ecstatic even. Now, I can bore you with the facts of him wanting to play professionally, that he has always had a passion for the sport, or that his favorite drink is sprite, but isn't the whole point of this is to tell you who he really is? I may be a little biased being his girlfriend and all, but it wasn't always like that.

They say first impressions are very important when meeting someone new. When I first met Austin, he was unfriendly, egotistical, and very passive aggressive. It irritated me beyond belief, and it didn't help that we bantered like cats and dogs. It was hard, to say the least, to try to get him to come around, but as time went on, I saw a change in him. A good change. Now, I'm not sure if it was a change per say or if there was always a side to him he rarely showed, but it was a side I enjoyed seeing.

There is this other side I also remember seeing. A side I only saw when he's on the football field. It's a time where he's so driven, so focused; very different that when he's in a classroom. The very first time I was able to stand under the Friday night lights during one of our games, I remember seeing it on his face, in his movements. I was actually able to capture one of those moments in image 1.0. You could just see the passion there.

However, Austin once told me that football wasn't always his dream; that he wanted to try and play other sports. I know what you're thinking; how could someone as great as Austin Moore not like a sport he's so amazing at? But that's besides the point; he's grown to love the sport, just like I've grown to love him. He's probably going to kill me for writing how I feel about him here than telling him first, but I know that what I'm supposed to write is supposed to be true from what I've witnessed first hand, and what I've felt during those times.

I was exceptionally proud to hear that Austin has been accepted to University of Colorado State, and will be attending there to pursue a degree in nursing. He'll be playing on their football team on a full ride scholarship as their new starting quarterback.

Not many people can say they got to interview their all star quarterback, much less date him, but I'm personally honored, and grateful I was able to be both.