Oof

Nathaniel P.O.V

"I love you," Chat whispered into my ear.

How would I respond to this? Did I like Chat the same way or was he just a friend to me? I stopped playing with his fingers and looked into his big green eyes.

"Chat how long can you stay in your costume?" I asked.

"As long as I want until I use my cataclysm. Once I use it then I have five minutes," he said with a confused look on his face.

"Good. I'm not letting you leave then." I said while pulling into a hug.

Adrien/ Chat Noir P.O.V

I feel Nathaniel wrap his arms around me and pull himself closer. I hug him back and tighter. i just confessed and he responded with this.

"I will never understand you." I say while kissing the top of Nathaniel's head.

He was a bit shorter than me so I was able to cuddle him and protect him from the rest of the world. He was mine and no one was going to take that away from me.

"Chat can you stay with me?" Nathaniel asked as he traced his fingers over my chest.

"I think that answer was made obvious when I started to cuddle you," I said sarcastically.

"I guess you're right." He said in between yawns.

"Nathaniel... earlier you said that I was there for you when no one else was... what did you mean by that?" I asked.

He stopped tracing his finger on my chest. His eyes started to water up but when he spoke he hid the sadness like a professional.

"I wasn't thinking clearly. I'm still kind of tired so I didn't know what to say," he said not meeting my gaze.

I take his arms and pull down his sleeves. My assumptions were correct. His wrists were filled with cuts. Some of them were healing and the others were fresh.

"Nathaniel... when was the last time you did this?" My voice was cracking.

"This morning..." Nathaniel said shamefully. " I swear that it doesn't hurt Chat! Don't worry about it."

I let go of him and pulled him towards me. I felt hot tears running down my cheeks. I tried to be strong but the thought of Nathaniel not having anyone broke every strong part of me.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked Nathaniel.

"I told you not to worry about me Chat!" he pleaded.

Nathaniel P.O.V

"Why are you so stupid?"

"It's a good thing you're quiet. That way I don't have to listen to anything come out of your mouth."

"You must be slow to think that anyone would like you."

All the memories of pain come rushing in at once. Every single thought is filled with the cruel and vile words from people I thought were nice or at least that they cared about me. I remembered how they told me if I said anything then they would hurt me even more. I remembered trying to give small signs like wearing long sleeves all of a sudden. To not eating as much as before. To not wanting to hang out. Today was supposed to be a day to fix all of that.

"Nathaniel why didn't you tell anyone?" Chat asked me.

More memories and then tears.

"Chat... if I told you... I would be weak. I'm fine and I've learned to keep quiet so no one else would get hurt," I said.

"Nathaniel why would anyone get hurt?" Chat asked me. His eyes were filled with tears. I was hurting him.

"This is why! I didn't have to tell you and now you're crying! If I wasn't so useless this wouldn't happen!" I said as I sat up.

"Don't you dare say those things! You're beautiful and an amazing person to hang out with! I don't know what I would do if you left me!" he said also sitting up.

Now it was my turn to cry. The tears came down my cheeks like rain after a long drought. Chat looked at me with loving eyes and then pulled me in for an other hug.

"I'm sorry Chat. For making you cry and worry about me," I said into his chest.

"It's okay. I'm here for you now and you don't have to worry about anyone else hurting you," he whispered.

I nodded and fell asleep in his strong arms.

Word Count: 730

Hey fellers! Sorry for the depressing chapter. I needed something to build up the plot. Mary I swear I'm okay so please don't spam me by asking questions like "Are you ok?" I hope you fellers like the chapter! See you next time!