Epilogue

Ten Years Later (Third Person P.O.V)

     A man walked down the street holding the hand of a child. The child is talking about the day he had in school. The man smiles as the boy continues to talk about the new student.

     "What if I like him?" the boy asks.

     "Then you like him," the man responds.

     "But what if I'm not allowed to like guys?" the boy asked.

     "What's wrong with that?" the man asked his child. 

     The boy bit his lip. He was still a child and didn't understand his feelings. All he knew was that whenever he saw the new boy his heart would race.

     "Well I'm a boy... and he's a boy," the boy said sheepishly. 

     The man stopped walking. He remembered those feelings that he had ten years ago. He remembered his heart pounding whenever he saw the boy. He remembered when he met him again only with a mask. Then he remembered losing him and feeling like a part of me was missing. 

     He remembered how he wouldn't accept any help until he finished school. He opened an art shop and became successful. He remembered how he had forgotten to love until he received an unexpected visit from the orphanage in his art shop.

     He remembered how he went to that orphanage and how he developed a fatherly love for a boy who had blonde hair and green eyes. He remembered how he adopted the boy and how the hole in his heart filled over the past two years.

     He remembered when his boy was allowed into school at four years old instead of five because how smart he was. He remembered how he cried when he realized that the little two year he adopted was now a four year old in kindergarten. 

      He remembered the joy he felt when he was allowed to adopt the child. He remembered how he didn't hesitate to give the boy a name he dearly loved.

     "Daddy?" the boy asked, breaking the man's train of thoughts.

     "Listen sweetie... it doesn't matter who you like. Got it?" the man asked.

     The boy nodded and smiled. The man smiled back. It was one of the man's favorite things about the boy. It reminded him of a certain someone he used to know.

      "Ok! We have to hurry home!" the boy shouted. He pulled the man's hand and dragged him home. 

     The boy and the man ran to their house. When they entered the house the little boy shouted.

     "Chaton!! Where are you? Oh there you are!" the boy shouted. 

     Out came a black cat holding a stuffed animal in his mouth. The boy laughed as the black cat gave him the stuffed animal. 

     "Je t'aime petit chaton!" the boy shouted.

      "What about me?" the man asked as he bent down next to the boy.

      "Don't worry I love you  daddy!" the boy shouted.

     "I love you too Adrien."