XV

A/N: this is one long ass chapter to make up for the long wait, please enjoy! Xxx

I pressed my forehead against the cold tiles of the bathroom, letting the hot water cascade down my back. I could barely breathe through the fog and my skin stung because of the scalding water but I didn't care, I deserved the pain. Tristan's words kept replaying in my head like a broken record and it was driving me insane.

I think we've both said enough.

I could live with him being angry with me but I couldn't live with him being disappointed. It hurt to think that the same brother that used to change my diapers, sing me to sleep and kiss my boo-boo's, chose his fiancé over his own sister. What hurt even more is that he actually believed the lies coming out of her mouth instead of the truth coming out of mine. He was so brainwashed, past the point of rescue. I had lost my brother to a lying, cheating whore. Man, I hate her so much.

I sniffed, letting the water wash over my face, mixing with my salty tears. I don't know long I had been under the shower, wallowing in my own misery but I didn't want to get out anytime soon. I just wanted to stay until my skin was raw and numb, that way I couldn't feel anything.

There was a shift in the air, bringing in a cold breeze making me shiver. I wondered if it was one of my brothers wanting to pee again. But before I could make anything of it, the shower curtain was suddenly pushed aside revealing my mother.

I screamed.

"Oh my poor baby, I heard you were sick - "

"MOM!" I tried to grab the shower curtain to obtain some of my modesty but she held it out of my reach. "Get out!"

"Jade, you were taking too long, I was just worried about you."

I hugged myself in an attempt to cover my naked body. I was mortified. If my skin hadn't been red already from the hot shower, my cheeks and the tips of my ears were now heating up in shame.

"Just, go away mom!"

"Honey, you don't have to be embarrassed, it's nothing I haven't seen before," she said as if that would've instantly made me feel better. "Have you start shaving yet?"

"GO AWAY!" I screamed again. Tears were yet again stinging my eyes but this time it was from being exposed like this. I don't think anyone has seen me naked since I was six or seven.

"What the fuck, Carla!" Jordan came to the rescue. His presence distracted her long enough for me to grab the shower curtain and hide myself behind it.

"I was just checking up on her," was her excuse.

"You can't just walk in while she's taking a shower, she's not a little kid anymore," he growled.