XXIV

A/N: over 7k words, that's about the longest chapter I have ever written. Will your forgive me for the long wait now? *Cue puppy dog eyes*

"I hate Mondays."

"Join the club, sis," Noah grumbled, scratching the nest of hair on top of his head.

He nudged me away from the bathroom mirror and started brushing his teeth. I was already up at the crack of dawn. I tried to go back to sleep but thoughts going through my head kept me up, also my stomach hurt for some reason. Jordan blamed it on the nerves for going back to school after the incident with Penny. I think I ate too much cookies before I went to sleep.

"So what was that all about," Noah suddenly spoke up, toothpaste all over his mouth.

"What was what all about?" I feigned not knowing what he was referring to.

"Last night, with Ash," he cleared up.

I sighed and picked up my comb, starting to brush my hair. "It's Ash, there's always something up with him."

"Seemed serious this time."

"Seemed serious this time," I mocked.

He cocked a single eyebrow, clearly unimpressed. "Really? What are you, five?"

"No, you're five," I shot back weakly.

"Someone's clearly in a bad mood today."

I glared at him as he filled a cup with water to rinse his mouth. He lifted it to his lips and I tipped the cup over, spilling the water all over his chin and chest just to spite him.

He looked at me with a blank face. "Real mature."

"Real mature," I mimicked, proving his point once again.

"Stop copying me!"

"Stop copying me!" I yelled back, storming out of the bathroom.

I exhaled loudly, what the hell is wrong with me?

And just when I thought my Monday morning couldn't go worse, I entered straight into a warzone. My bedroom looked like a bomb had exploded in it - my matrass was turned over, my carpet was rolled to one side, my dresser was pushed across the room and my stuff and clothes were everywhere.

"ASHTON!"

He was rummaging through my drawers, pulling out a make-up bag that belonged to Lauren. "What the hell is this? You better not be putting that shit on your face Jade."

"What are you doing! What is this mess?!"

"I'm looking for something," he answered casually.

"Give that to me." I stepped in when he started flicking through the pages of my diary and snatched it out of his prying hands.