XVIII

Important author's note at the end of the chapter. But for now, please enjoy my lovelies xxx

I turned on my side, facing Tristan. He was snoring again so I briefly pinched his nose. He made a choking sound and twisted away from me before falling back to sleep. I was so jealous of him, no matter what I did, I couldn't get a wink of sleep. I kept tossing around, thinking about Rhys and the fear flashing in his eyes when Ashton attacked him. The image of his bloodstained face was forever engraved in my mind. He must hate me right now - hell, I hated myself right now. And Ashton, I hated him too, I hated him the most.

I flipped around on my back, my sleeping bag ruffling with the friction. I let out a heavy sigh and focused on the sounds of birds chirping outside- this could only mean the sun was nearly up. Great, and I haven't slept all night which meant that I was going to turn into Grumpy Jade.

I exhaled heavily and turned on my other side.

"I swear to god if you move around one more time ..." Noah mumbled, agitated.

"I can't sleep," I whispered.

"Close your eyes."

"You don't think I've tried that already?"

Noah didn't answer me and silence took over once again. I couldn't quite see him in the darkness of the tent but I was pretty sure he had fallen back asleep.

I nudged him, waking him up with a start. "Noah. Noah, are you up?"

"No."

"Noah," I whispered again.

"Whaaat?" he almost whined.

I bit the inside of my cheek. "You think Rhys'll be okay? I'm worried about him."

"Mhmm."

I shook his shoulder again. "What's mhmm supposed to mean?"

He rubbed his eyes with an annoyed frown. "Oh my god Jade, go to sleep."

"I can't," I reminded him. "And you still haven't answered my question. Do you think Rhys will ever talk to me again?"

"If you don't shut up right now, I'll never talk to you again."

I poked his cheek. "Why are you being so mean?"

"'Cause I'm trying to fucking sleep here!" he whisper yelled.

"Wha', wha's going on?" Tristan asked, waking up from his slumber.

"She won't let me sleep!" Noah exclaimed. He pushed me towards Tristan. "Go bother him."

"H-hey! Stop it!" I protested. "Jerk."

Noah flipped me off and I couldn't help but bite his finger.