BTS: Quiet Companionship (RM)

What was it that brought them together, to be united in this perfect love?

They had known each other since they were children. They had spent time together so often that, despite all differences, others often mistook them as siblings. However, it was not until recently that they had recognized their feelings for each other. From then on, they were inseparable. They shared every part of their life with each other. That was how it was to this very day.

Yes. She often reflected upon that day with fondness. It was a day that had changed her life, after all.

Y/N, a pure girl rapidly approaching womanhood, stood alone on the beach, gazing over the cobalt water with her gentle brunette orbs. Her amber hair danced lightly in the ocean breeze. She smiled to herself with anticipation as she adjusted her sable glasses.

She wore a forest-green sleeveless dress that showed off her sepia shoulders and two elegant legs covered by tights. Her cinnamon hair was bound back from her face, complementing her blameless henna visage. A prominent scar stood out on her tawny skin. For a moment, she absorbed herself in these thoughts, of her, and Namjoon. 

  Y/N's mahogany crystals spotted Namjoon further down on the beach, closer to the roaring sea.

His lovely obsidian mane was attractive as ever. His pools were turned toward the ocean, hidden from Y/N's sight, but she knew and loved their immaculate auburn hue. He was dressed in refined garb befitting his station. His pastel-flushed fair body rippled with muscle. As Y/N drew nearer, she caught a note of his familiar perfume: a sweet, rich lavender. She smiled to herself. It always reminded her of the time they shared. "Joonie," she called, walking towards him.

He turned around. A smile slowly made its way across his face. "Y/N-Yeobo. You came."

"It's good to see you again," Y/N said, taking his hand. "Have I kept you waiting?"

"Not at all," he said. They began their leisurely walk along the ocean's edge.

"It's been awhile since we've had time to spend like this," Y/N mused. "I've been so busy with everything."

"I wish we could be together more often," Namjoon sighed.

"Be happy for the time we have together," Y/N prodded.

"You're right." He smiled at her before looking up to the clear sapphire sky. "It's such a beautiful day today. Warm, with a comfortable breeze. It's perfect for spending time with you."

"Any day is a beautiful day when you're here," she replied. Y/N admired his sleek raven strands and the way they glowed in the golden sunlight. "You light up any day of mine."

"Oh, stop," he laughed. His tilted his head for a quick kiss, and Y/N obliged, catching a whiff of sweet perfume.   

  When they pulled back, she tucked a single askew strand of hair behind his ear. "Namjoon," she said gravely, "every day I thank the forces that brought us here. Something like this -- it had to be destiny. I can feel it, Namjoon. I was born to be with you."

"I love you, Y/N," Namjoon whispered. she reached for another kiss, and they locked lips passionately. The sound of the waves, the bright tawny sun, and their histories and dangers all floated away in that moment.

At last, the need for air brought them apart. Y/N brushed a thumb over Namjoon's flushed plush cheek and murmured, "Shall we continue our walk?"   

After a few moments, they found themselves walking down the beach again. It seemed to Y/N that something had been bothering Namjoon for the last few hours -- or maybe longer than that.

His unblemished cocoa windows to his soul were cast down and away, focused upon nothing in particular.

It really hurt her inside to see him like that. She reached for him, tucked a stray sable strand behind his ear, and traced a finger across his jawline. "What's wrong, Namjoon?"

"Y/N... it's, just..."

Y/N cupped his face in her hands, brushing her lips against his forehead. "You can tell me."

He took a deep breath and gazed into her copper spheres with a look full of blameless sadness, whispering, "It's just... I'm just no good, Y/N. I can never do anything right.... I guess, I'm sorry. I just ruin everything. I'll probably ruin this.... I... forget it. I just can't..."

  Y/N listened attentively, her eyebrows furrowing at each of Namjoon's recounted sorrows. At last, when he finished, a moment of silence passed between them.

He looked so dark and insecure. She brought him closer in reassurance, only wanting to hold him until the hurt subsided, murmuring, "Namjoon... you're not alone. I know what it's like -- it happened to me too. I know that pain. My legacy of failure... sometimes it still comes back to haunt me. I know it's not easy." 

Y/N placed her hands on Namjoon's shoulders. Namjoon's eyes began to redden, and he abruptly pulled her into a fierce embrace. Her orbs widened at first, but then she too felt overwhelmed by emotion and succumbed to the warmth of his touch.

"You," Namjoon whispered, his breath hot on her ear. "As long as you're here, I'll be all right."They held each other as tears trickled down cheeks and dripped onto the shifting sands to be carried away into the sea. With time and soothing embraces, their pain dissipated into a mist swept out by the ocean breeze and into the setting sun.  

They basked in each other's quiet companionship for a few moments. 

  "The sunset is so beautiful, isn't it?"

Y/N lifted her head at Namjoon's words to behold the dying sun's terra radiance. "It's nice."

After a moment of silence, he said quietly and seriously, "Y/N-Yeobo, you and me... do you think this is what they call destiny?"

She clasped his firm hand and murmured in response, "A love this true must be fated to be."

"Y/N-Yeobo... Let's be together forever." Namjoon squeezed her hand and sidled closer.

Y/N sighed with contentment and brought him closer. She gazed at the beautiful caramel rays of the falling sun, thinking about everything that had transpired on this day and all that would pass between them.

"I love you, Namjoon."

"I love you too, Y/N."

Their lips met, and swarthy strands met atramentaceous ones, aflame in the dying light. The sand was their witness and the rumbling ocean their approving audience, and Namjoon, her eternally faithful lover. Y/N thought to herself that nothing could be more perfect in the world...  

  ...Thus concludes our tale.