Chapter 6

Alex's P. O. V.

I'm dying here... well, my teachers decided to load my classmates and I with a bunch of killer homework. An Slytherins decided that throwing cold water on all the Gryffindors after class was fun. Why am I not surprised that I'm one of them?

Life is life. My fate has been set. Well life isn't fair. On top of that, I came across some writings on the walls this morning, it was something like the time when the Golden Trio found the blood writings on the wall. This time it was black blood, at first the teachers thought that it was some kind of stupid Slytherin jokes but when Gandalf and the Prince came all hell literally break lose.

Gandalf said, "This are written in Orc blood. The Black Speech of Mordor. Legolas, order your guards to secure the castle, they're here."

"What does it mean?" Professor McGonagall asked.

"Give her to us, or one shall die upon the the fifth moon. The past will be repeated..." Legolas said.

My first reaction was like, 'Her? Who is her because there's so many girls from age 11 to 40/50++(including the teachers). My day can't get any better. Not to mention Lily, Katie and I are stressing on the golden egg.

The first time we opened it which was when we we're sitting on the bed, it made a loud roar like sort of like a hundred trolls screaming/roaring at each other. The second time, we tried opening it underwater just like what the previous champions did, unfortunately we had to face a blood-curdling, deafening, ear piercing, shriek. The third time was when we were flying in mid air, trust me it was a stupid idea.

You all might be wondering about the Yule Ball...

Well, it's just a week away. The teachers are taking us to Hogsmeade. I've been craving for some mouth-watering Butter Beer for some time. Lily wanted to get a whole sack of candies. And Kitty Kat Kat wanted to go on a shopping spree. Same ol' typical Katie...

How about the elves, you ask...

They're guarding the castle 24/7 and they're looking forward to having a sip of the delicious Butter Beer(or they might be looking for some ale or wine). Moreover, I just knew the elves were immortal...

A few hours back...

"You all are to attend Professor Gandalf's speech in the Great Hall if a few minutes, he's going to explain about the Elves," McGonagall said.

We all got up and made our way down to the Great Hall. Once we reached there, I realized Kat and Lils wasn't here yet. YET. I saved a spot for each of them. Well, friends are friends.

I saw Lils and Kat running down the Great Hall, they stopped and when they saw me and sat down.

"Hey, Alex, Professor G and the hottest people on Earth a.k.a. the Elves are coming," Kat said.

"Professor G?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Professor Gandalf, dummy," Lily said.

"Oh..."

The doors opened and Gandalf, the Prince followed by a group of elves trailed in. They made their way down to the end of the table(the entire where to teachers' tables were). The Elves sat at the remaining spaces of Gryffindors table. Many girls were drooling, and I do not want to know the reason behind it.

"Good morning. I'm Gandalf the Grey and I'm here to talk on the Elves and my home, Middle-Earth," Gandalf started. All of the students and teachers and elves applauded. "Elves, like Men, are Children of Ilúvatar (God, The One) and thus are very similar to Men. Unlike Men, however, they are immortal, in that their bodies do not age once they have reached maturity, so that they do not seem to become elderly or die of old age. As you can see Legolas is two thousand years old and he still remains in his early 20's body," Gandalf continued. Legolas stood up and showed every body his looks. Damn! I thought he was younger. "They can be killed by physical injury however, or they may come to death from wasting away if after long eons of life they lose the will to live. Some Elves in the First Age living near Angband died from a wasting disease, which was presumably issuing from Thangorodrim, Morgoth's fortress. The Elves came into existence before Men, and when Elves die they pass to the Halls of Mandos in Valinor, where they are reincarnated into a new physical form or in some cases, aren't allowed and have to await the end of Time like for example Fëanor, however most are reincarnated in the bliss of the Blessed Realm." Gandalf continued pacing back and forth moving his hands around.

"Elves are (generally) unusually handsome of face and body. They have far better vision and hearing than Men. They also have skills and abilities (craftsmen), and perception of things around them, far greater than that of Men," Legolas showed his bow and his swords and daggers and ropes and knives. Wow... didn't see that coming. "Whether this is an innate quality or is the result of experience after having lived so long and in close proximity to the Valar, is not known. Elves are light of foot, can travel long distances without leaving tracks, and often can walk lightly across snow where the boots of Men would sink. They don't require sleep, but are able to enter a waking meditative state to regain their strength," Gandalf said. Oh... that's why Elves can guard 24/7 without sleeping. Every body applauded. Legolas motioned his men to come to him.

Back to reality...

"Alex.." I heard a female sang. I turned around to see my ginger haired friend.

"Hey!" I said.

"We're leaving for Hogsmeade in a bit," she informed.

"Okay."

A/N:

Very Very short Chapter :(

Don't hate me please.

DON'T FORGET TO:

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

-alex_is_writing