Chapter 28

Legolas' P. O. V.

It has been nearly a week since Alex left. My heart breaks to know that she's out there alone, who knows what kind of creature she'll encounter.

Snap. Snap. Snap.

My head flicked up and turned to the direction of the snapping sound. I stood up. I took out a dagger, getting ready to strike if it was an orc or some kind of foul creature. A boy with dirty blonde hair ran out of the woods. He looked so familiar... but who is he?

"Legolas?" he said.

"Yes?"

"Alex... she... she... said... prepare for war, the enemy is coming..."

"Who are you? How do you know Alex? Are you speaking the truth?"

"I'm Newt. Your long long long lost cousin or the boy who disappeared from Middle-Earth. You introduced me to her... and yes, I am speaking the truth!"

Then it hit me. Newt, my cousin, best friend and also my most trusted ally.

"Nae saian luume', mellonamin (It has been too long, my friend)," I said.

"Yes, it has, mellonamin. But now it's not the time for a perfect reunion. She's out there. Alex's chasing after a dragon!"

"A dragon?"

"Yes. A few days ago she said something about convincing Alaya to stop the war."

I was speechless. I don't think Alaya would be convinced.

"What? Wait. Did you see two people on broomsticks? A ginger and a blonde?"

"No."

What did he mean by no? I saw them flying into the woods. They can't be dead, they're too powerful.

"Why?" Newt asked.

"Um... it's nothing."

"Oh... ok."

"Let's go. We have to warn the others and suit up for war."

Alex's P. O. V.

Where could it have gone to? How did I lose something that enormous?

"Looking for me? Or should I say us?" a feminine voice said. I stopped walking.

"Alaya or should I say mother-in-law?" I turned around.

"What are you doing in my domain? Are you here to surrender?"

"I would not surrender and you know that! But I'm not here to fight."

"Then why are you here?"

"To ask for peace. Why fight for a sword?"

"You know why!"

"Power. Why do you need it when you can have a perfect family? Did you not think about Legolas and Thranduil?"

"A perfect family? Nothing is perfect, Alyxon... and my son and my husband,  they are nothing to me. From day one I knew you were the wielder of the Sword of Light, also I knew Legolas fell in love with you, ever since you both were kids."

"How did you know?"

"The signs. You did extraordinary things, nothing that an ordinary elf could do."

I was speechless. Her blade came in contact with the skin on my neck. It was cold, and the dark magic was so strong, stronger than before. I hiss.

"Oh Alex, you think all these years, I'm just going to let you go? Have peace and travel to the Grey Havens? No," she chuckled, " Before that, I'm going to watch you suffer, watch you die, slowly."

I felt a stinging pain up my shoulder, I screamed. Crimson red liquid oozed out of my shoulder. I quickly put my hand on the wound, applying pressure.

Alaya put her finger on the dagger, sliding her finger up. Then she removed her finger and licked the blood off her finger.

"So sweet. I can't wait to see a barrel full of your blood."

Sweat trickled down my forehead, I bit my lip. I drew my wand out. I pointed the wand at her. She smirked.

A loud slap ringed in my ears, I let out a scream, I looked behind to see, an elf with a whip. No... it can't be. It's Gathean.

That traitor!

I pulled out my dagger and stabbed his leg, he fell to the ground. That traitor deserved it. I stood up.

"You don't fall that easily, huh?" Alaya said, her lips curved up into a smile, an evil smile.

Without warning, another loud slap ringed in my ears. I let out a scream. Another slap, another scream. I counted how many times I was whipped: 15. I still stood up. My back was so numb.

Why didn't I run? Well, I couldn't. I was surrounded by orcs.

Sweat stung my back. I bit my lip. Alaya enjoyed watching me suffer but she did not like the fact that I was still standing.

Slap.

Slap.

Slap.

Slap.

Slap.

Another 5 more slaps, my body was weak, my legs felt like jelly, the next thing I knew, I was on my knees. I have to stand up.

With all my energy, I pushed myself up.

"Not giving up, yet?"

I was ready for another slap across my back. 

"Alex!" A voice called I looked up.

Lily. Scorpius.

A/N:

Earlier in the year...

After watching Desolation of Smaug...

Me: Did you watch Desolation of Smaug?

Friend: What's that?

Me: The Hobbit 2

Friend: Nope.

Me: But anyway.... LEGOLAS IS SO HOT, YA KNOW!

Friend: Pfft! He's okay only, my crush is way hotter.

Me: *feels like punching her*

Throughout the year...

Me: *fangirls about Legolas and anything related to LoTR.

Friend: Orlando Bloom is not that hot also... *rolls eyes* YOU KNOW LUKE HEMMINGS IS SO CUTEEEEE!

Me: -__________-

Last two weeks....

Friend watches DoS

My phone was on, my wallpaper is a collage of Desolation of Smaug.

Friend: Ooooh! Legolas! Tauriel!

Me: Uhuh... (in my head: After all these time, now you notice...)

Friend: LEGOLAS IS SOO HOTTT!

Me: -______________- (in my head: Well, no shit , Sherlock)

DON'T FORGET TO:

VOTE

COMMENT

AND

FAN

-alex_is_writing