Chapter 27

Alex's P. O. V.

"Run!" I screamed. The deep growl became louder. It definitely wasn't a Warg, they came in groups. I saw a cave.

"Newt! A cave!" I said. We sprinted into the cave. Hoping that the creature wouldn't find us.

I could hear the growl from a distance and the sound of Newt's and I's heavy breathing bouncing of the cold walls of the cave. The ground rumbled.

"Do you think we're safe?" Newt asked.

"Um... a giant creature is chasing us and we're in a dark cave. Yeah, I'm pretty sure we're not safe."

"How do you know that creature is big?"

"I don't know many creatures that makes the ground rumble."

"Find them!" A low voice said.

Orc.

"We have to find a way out! Bloody Orcs are after us!" I said, "In a count of three we'll sprint out."

"1..."

The ground began to shake more.

"2..."

A shadow fell upon the cave. Only one thing was that huge... dragon. I pulled out my wand.

"3..."

We sprinted out the cave. I point my wand at the dragon screaming: "Petrificus Totalus!" It'll buy us some time. I would go round screaming bloody dragon attack but... there is no chance any one would hear it, we're in the middle of the forest!

"After them!" An orc said.

Great. Just great. We have a dragon and who knows how many orcs on our tails. We just kept running and running, every step take us closer to getting out.

"Trees!" Newt said.

"Great idea!"

We could kill the orcs who out ran us. And on the trees, we have a better view of where Hogwarts is. I climbed up on to a tree, and took out my bow.

Swinging, jumping and sliding from tree to tree, we were way ahead of the orcs but they didn't stop. The trees shook. Looks like the spell I put on draggy has faded away.

I looked at Newt. We picked up the pace; we jumped back on the ground and ran faster than ever. All I thought was there was a bloody murderer behind me and now a super swift ninja. Well, there are murderers behind us...

This day just gets better and better.

It came to a point when the dragon was ahead of us. It has wings, sharp teeth, four legs, crazy claws and freakishly though skin, not to mention the scales. We stopped at where we are and ran to hide behind a tree. I held my breath. My heart was pounding faster and faster, and beads of sweat trickled down my forehead. It felt like the whole world has paused, every step the dragon takes either takes us to our doom or takes us to the graveyaFericia! Come back to me!" A woman said. Wait... it's no ordinary woman. Alaya. I clenched my fists, it was so tempting to run after the dragon and face Alaya.

I have two options.

Option 1: Follow the dragon, face Alaya and stop the war, no matter what the consequences are, even not seeing Legolas again.

Option 2: Go back to Hogwarts and get ready for battle.

Option 1 it is, but at the same time option 2. Newt will send the message.

"Newt, I want you to go to Hogwarts and tell Legolas to prepare for war. When you see a castle, you'll know that's Hogwarts!" I said.

"Where you going?"

"After the dragon, I'm going to face Alaya, in hopes of stopping the madness."

"What?! Are you insane?!"

"Yes! Just do it! I'll make it back alive!" I shouted.

I will make it back alive.

Chasing after the dragon is a stupid idea, but it'll lead me to Alaya. I can't believe I'm doing this.

It's for the safety of my people, for Legolas, for my family, for Dyllyn. I thought to myself .

A/N:

You guys will know who Dyllyn(Dylan) is later on in the book... But for now, we're just gonna forget about him and get on with the story :)

DON'T FORGET TO:

VOTE

COMMENT

AND

FAN

-alex_is_writing