Chapter 36

Alex's P. O. V.

"Ah, so you do know how it feels to be a mother," Alaya said, "So how does it feel to not see your son for nearly a century? How does it feel to break a promise? How does it feel to not see your son grow into a mighty warrior?"

My whole world fell apart by the thought of Dyllyn not forgiving me for not going back to him. It felt like someone had smacked me in the face with a brick.

"You feel the pain, don't you? Well of course you do. How do I know? Because I feel the pain every day knowing that I chose the wrong yet right path!"

"Why?"

"Power."

"Why do you need so much power? Don't you have enough? The whole of Mordor is behind you. Why do you need more? To show people you're not weak?"

"I'm not weak!" Alaya's voice boomed. An arrow flew towards my direction, I managed to avoid it. The arrows might be poisoned. Another arrow flew towards me.

"Sterling, dive!" Sterling dived down, I held on tight because it felt like trying to crack a huge rock into half with your fist. A few metres away from the ground, Sterling stopped. We hid in the mists, hoping Alaya wouldn't see us.

"Come out and play! Don't you love this game? The Game of Swords?" Alaya hissed.

I took out my bow and an arrow. I aimed for Alaya's dragon's tail, it was the most vulnerable part of her dragon(the tail area was... well, naked). A dragon with a broken tail or wing, is literally a dead dragon. I released the arrow. The dragon let out a loud cry.

Within seconds, the dragon hit the ground. Sterling flew down.

"Smart choice, kid. Bringing my dragon down is nothing. The fight is between you and me!" Alaya spat. Alaya walked to the middle of the field, "Let's make a deal. If you win our fight, I'll stop the war and surrender. If I win, your Sword belongs to me and you're going to be wiped out of existence forever."

"That's what you said the last time we fought."

"Well both of us died and we were brought back to life. Wait no, only you were resurrected. I was saved, but put into a deep slumber for 57 years. When I found out you were dead, I knew it was time to build an army and to find The Sword of Light. It took me 23 years to to find where the elves hid the sword. It was within your coffin. I dug up your grave and was this close to stealing the sword. But... the sword wouldn't leave the side of it's master, it had a mind of it's own. Then it turned to ash, and it came here. It came to you. It heard your call. A year later I found a very unusual spell that can send people from Middle-Earth to another land. Here. Ever since my arrival here, the orcs built me a home underground. When the time was right, I gathered all the orcs, gave them armor, weapons, and gold, in exchange to kill you."

"You sent the army of orcs to kill me when I was in the tower? Did you know how many lives you nearly took away?"

"Yes, it's your fault. If you weren't there, nothing would happen to them. Even if they die, some weight is lifted off my shoulders. I don't really care whether they die young, as long as you're dead, I'm happy."

"You have no soul. You don't deserve to live but yet the person who saved you, sees something else. What is it?" I mumbled.

"Don't know, don't care. Enough talk, deal or no deal?"

A/N:

I hate having writer's block. So annoying! :( I hope you guys likes the chapter even though I left it in another cliffhanger. Sowwy.

DON'T FORGET TO:

VOTE

COMMENT

AND

FAN

-alex_is_writing