Chapter 19

Alex's P. O. V./ Flashback

Alyxon skipped through the fields with a bow and arrow. "Alex!" she looked up and there was good old buddy, Legolas who was sitting on the apple tree. They look 15 in human/man age.

"Prince Legolas! Hello! And get down from there! You'll hurt yourself!" she said.

Legolas jumped down the tree. "Let's go to the fields, before you leave."

"Ok. Let's see who can shoot the furthest," Alex said running into the fields.

____

"Alex!" the girl looked behind, "I was wondering, would you like to go to the Mid-Summer Ball with me?"

"I'd love to, Legolas!" she said, smiling.

Both elves looked around 15.

That night... Legolas was dressed up in silver and red tunic along with silver leggings and his crown. Alex was dressed in a simple yellow dress, her hair was pulled up into a side brain. She also wore her circlet/crown.

"Alex, you look, beautiful," Legolas said. 'As usual...' he thought.

"And you look handsome, Legolas," she said.

"Let's dance," Legolas said stretching out his arm. Alex took his hand and walked to the dance floor.

Together they waltzed around the hall.

___

Alyxon crawled up into a ball as she cried her heart out. Her mother had left to the Grey Havens. Legolas walked into the room with worry in his eyes. He ran over to Alex and wrapped his arms around her as she cried.

"Let it go... let it go," he whispered in her ear.

Alex cried until she fell asleep in Legolas arms.

___

"Wow... look at how grown up you are..." Legolas said.

"Pfft! Don't worry, I still play Hide and Seek," she said.

Legolas looked deep into Alex's eyes, he had just realized how beautiful they were.

"C'mon let's go train, no dilly-dallying, "Alex said. "Last one to the Fields is the rotten tomato!"

"You know I'll win!" Legolas said running after her, "By the way, how long has it been?"

"10-15 years," she said

___

Alex wandered around the ballroom. She couldn't tell who is who as every body was wearing a mask. It was Legolas' 1999th Birthday and it was A Masquerade Ball.

Meanwhile, Legolas was searching for his best friend and his crush. Alex. He spotted a beautiful girl in a white dress. He was eager to find out who she is. He walked up to her.

"Good evening milady. Would you like to dance?" he asked.

"I'd love to," she said, Legolas remembered that voice but he couldn't put a finger on it.

She put her hand on his shoulder as he put his on her waist. Their fingers intertwined and they danced gracefully around the dance floor. It felt like hours dancing when Legolas wanted to know who the mysterious girl was.

He led her out to the palace garden. "Well that was fun," she giggled.

"Yes, it was," Legolas said. He took off this mask. The girl gasped.

"Legolas?" she whispered. Legolas took off her mask.

"Alex?"

"It's been so long..."