Chapter 35

Alex's P. O. V.

I watched in fear as a dragon, dark like the night, with piercing amber eyes, fly up with Alaya on its back. It let out a loud roar as Alaya raised her sword up. The sky began to darken, water droplets fell from the sky followed by the loud cracking sound of thunder.

A white streak of light came in contact with her sword, in a blink of an eye, the streak of light was sent to the surface of the dome around Hogwarts, breaking the force field. The orcs let out another battle cry, and on command they attacked.

"A Eruchîn, ú-dano i faelas a hyn an uben tanatha le faelas! (Show them no mercy, for you shall receive none!)" I said.

"Tangado a chadad! (Prepare to fire!)" Legolas commanded, "Dartho!(Hold!)"

"Hado i philinn!(Release arrows!)"

Hundreds of arrows soared into the air,I was on Sterling high up in the sky, at least high enough to not get hit by arrows. I saw ladders.

"Ladders!" I screamed.

"Flames! Release the arrows on fire!" Legolas commanded. Once again hundreds of arrows on fire soared into the air, landing on orcs and ladders, wood and earth.

I took out my bow and an arrow, from high up in the sky, I could shoot trolls and orcs which were further from where we all were. It made it easier for Legolas and his men. I shot mostly bowmen and archers.

The number of orcs were decreasing when I saw another wave of thousands and thousands of orcs heading our way.

"Legolas! There's another wave!" I said.

"Okay!"

My elf eyes saw the next wave of orcs. They looked more powerful. More trolls, more archers, more armor. As soon as they reached close enough to Hogwarts. I asked Sterling to swoop down and destroy them all. I pulled out the Sword of Light and slashed the orcs on my left and right.

We flew back up, giving space for the arrows to fly. My hand raised to my face, I caught an arrow, it was poisoned. Transparent liquid could be seen on the tip of the arrow, obviously it was poisoned.

"Surprise?" Alaya said.

"No, not really, because you just broke a freaking force field!"

"Don't underestimate me, child. I might not be from this ratchet place but I do have some tricks up my sleeve."

I let my wand slide out from my sleeve. I hid the wand behind the sword.

"You and me, all over again? Let's take it in the sky. Shall we?" Alaya asked. I'm ready for the challenge ahead but, knowing Alaya, I knew she's one step ahead of me. There'll be some kind of sinister plans, I just know it.

"Well, only if you can catch me," I said, "Go, Sterling!"

Sterling took off, flying above the clouds, Alaya was behind us. I needed to get Alaya off her dragon.

Imagine going on a rollercoaster, a huge rollercoaster that has twist, turns, loops and arrows shooting from every side. That's what I'm going through now and it's not fun.

"Show them what you've got, Sterling!"

Sterling flew up, going beyond the clouds. It was so peaceful, quiet, and beautiful up here. I stared in awe. Why can't we live in a peaceful world? Is there a chance that Alaya is still good? Does she have a weak spot?

Weak spot. I need to find her weak spot to end this once and for all.

"Well, well. Look who we've got here... a lost little girl," Alaya hissed, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Look, Alaya, I just want to talk," I said calmly.

"Talk? Why?"

"Because I need to know-"

"Know what?"

"I need to know why are you bringing chaos to the world? And deep down I know it's not about the Swords. It's just a cover up, isn't it?"

"Yes. It was never about the Swords. I had to make up a stupid little lie to cover up my real story. But then again, I still want the Sword of Light to be in my possession..."

"Then what is your story?" I asked completely ignoring anything about the Swords.

"Love is strong. Love is indestructible. Your love for Legolas is so strong, you two can't be parted. Eventually, one of you will return. Your bond with him might be strong, but nothing beats the love a mother gives a child," Alaya said. After a long pause she continued, "You don't know how it feels for a mother to lose a child. You don't know how it feels to be a mother."

I closed my eyes.

"Nana, you'll be back right?" my son asked.

"Yes, Dyllyn. I'll be back. Ada and I will be back, and then we can live a happy life together. Promise me, you will listen to Aunt Arwen?" I said holding up my pinky. Tears were threatening to spill out of my eyes.

"I-I promise but... I don't want you to go!" Dyllyn threw his arms around my neck, crying.

I snapped back to reality.

"I know how it feels, Alaya..."

"What?"

"I know how it feels to lose a child and a child who lost his/her mother."

"How?"

"Legolas and I have an heir to the thrown of Mirkwood. A little boy by the name of Dyllyn. And the last time I saw him was a week before we stabbed each other."

A/N:

It's nearing the end of this book...

So yeah...

*runs in a corner*

DON'T FORGET TO:

VOTE

COMMENT

AND

FAN

-alex_is_writing