Chapter 1- A home away from home

Emerald's POV

I gasped as I was finally able to open my optics (eyes), the sound scraping metals filling my ears while luminous red optics staring down at me. I was filled with horror at that very moment and I was surprised that I could even move my eyes in a moment such as this one. I stared at the rather huge bot, his fangs curling into a devious smile as he continued to stare at me, that was until I heard shots being fired.

This was far too much, the last thing I could remember was leaving my home planet Cybertron in order to find a new home and a refuge due to the war that had erupted. My brother warned of an upcoming war and while it was sad for me to do so, I was forced to leave him behind. He craved my safety but when I lost control of my spacecraft the lighting seemed dim.

I was surprised to be alive.

I groaned, my audio receptors (ears) collecting every sound present on this strange planet. I could hear the odd languages, I could smell everything around me and most importantly compared to my home planet this one seemed primitive.

I was a neutral bot and on my planet very few of us exist. Being neutral would allow our optics (eyes) to shift from blue to red seasonally as we were not aligned to the Decepticon or Autobots. I feared what the war would require of me and my brother feared it too, it was the explanation as to why he built this ship in the first place.

I had to leave, I belonged to no particular group but at the time my eyes were red. I would be forced to fight for the Decepticons and sadly they were the ones who ignited the flame to the destruction of our home.

I had already lost my parents before the battle. My mom was a medic (Doctor in human terms) and dad was a soldier so when aliens threatened to take our planet years prior, they died in the process of eliminating the threat. Their blood went in vain because centuries after the very same life they fought for were growing to hate each other. I swallowed, my eyes on the blue sky this planet had, odd because Cybertron had always been dark, light was made.

As for my brother, the war had separated us, that left me no choice but to assume the worst.

"Get away from her Megatron! You have done enough" A strong male voice yelled and I eased up from the floor of my ship. If only I could understand just what they were saying because the only thing that seemed familiar was the word Megatron.

There were no visible wounds but somehow I felt weak.

"This one belongs to me!" Another voice yelled, piercing red eyes boring my very soul. He appeared vile and the more I stared at the fellow the more my very soul curled. Somehow I believed they were fighting for me and my spacecraft, to claim me as their own. Instead of running from the war somehow I only ran into it.

I wanted no part in this.

"This vessel will self-destruct in 20 minutes" came a metallic female voice in a language I could recognize and the countdown of the time I had to exit the vessel began. I yelled as I tried easing up only to find that I was leaking energon (blood) from my left knee. I looked up at the monitor, my fingers cleaning the metallic floor.

I was aware the mechs (males) I saw earlier were Cybertronians but the language they spoke was far too strange.

"Where in the allspark (Life source of Cybertronians) am I?" I asked and a diagram zooming in on a little blue planet appeared on screen.

"You are on the third planet in the solar system located in the galaxy known as the milky way; planet earth" the ship replied and I rubbed my head.

Earth? I tried moving again but it was no use trying to do so.