Chapter 24- Close

🎶Close🎶

Emerald's pov

I was bored.

Yes, I was literally bored as there was nothing for me to do today and my next performance was not until two days. Not that I looked forward to dancing half naked for a bunch of cons but it kept me occupied and somewhat in focus. Again, here I was seated in boredom, listening to the CD player I had gotten from Soundwave.

It was a gift and even though I tried to refuse it he wouldn't stop until I took it. What we had wasn't a relationship but every time I looked at him I wanted to be so much more to him than his hidden little secret. Deep down I knew he wanted the very same thing but it was weak for a Decepicon to confess caring for something besides themselves.

He was scared to reveal such a truth, behind his dark personality was a scared little boy. The question was, why?

As soon as another song came on, that song being Tove Lo and Nick Jonas Close, a smooth masculine voice was heard, me turning to face the voice from my position on the bed.

"Oh damn, oh damn, oh damn I'm so perplexed. With one breath, I'm locked in" he sang and I had to push my jaw back into its rightful place.

Well damn, he could sing? How long had he been hiding that melodious voice and why would he even hide it to begin with?

"Oh damn, oh damn, oh damn I'm so perplexed, Oh that, it's almost shocking" he continued, my throat slightly parched as I was close to salivating because of just how hot he was right now.

"I know, I know you know you're scared ,your heart, your mind ,your soul your body. They won't, they won't, they won't be careful. But I guess that you don't know me" he sang as he reached a gloved hand towards me.

How long had he been here anyways? I swallowed and placed my hand in his, my eyes moving over his face and body.

"Cause if I want you, and I want you babe. Ain't going backwards, won't ask for space, cause spaces was a word made up by someone who's afraid to get too..." He sang as I was pulled to his hard chest, Soundwave staring down at me as the pause came. I scanned my processors for the song, the lyrics being memorized within seconds.

"Close, ooh. Oh, so close, ooh. I want you close, ooh. Cause space was a word made up by someone who's afraid to get close, ooh. Oh, so close, ooh. I want you close, ooh. Oh, I want you close, and close ain't close enough, no" he continued and I stared up at him as the next verse came up.

"Oh man, oh man. I am not really known for ever being speechless" I sang as I allowed him to guide me as we danced, a small smile tugging my lips. Was this his way of telling me that I actually meant something?

"But now, but now somehow my words roll off my tongue right onto your lips, oh. I'm keeping cool while you keep smiling, saying all the things I'm thinking. I am like you so I want proof I'm what you're feeling..." I sang as my free hand caressed his masked face, my tongue moving over my lips as he gazed at me.

While I could not see his optics (eyes) I could just imagine the way in which they would stare at me in this moment.

"Cause if I want you, and I want you babe. Ain't going backwards, won't ask for space cause space was a word made up by someone who's afraid to get too..." I sang, taking a pause for the chorus of the song.

"Close, ooh. Oh, so close, ooh. Cause spaces was just a word made up by someone who's afraid to get close, ooh. Oh so close, ooh. Oh I want you close, and close ain't close enough, no" we sang together, his face inches away from mine as our bodies moved in sync.