Chapter 44- A bond, A confession

Soundwave's POV

Emerald's blue eyes cast up at me as soon as the priest asked the question, my eyes moving over her lips. I swallowed, it was cruel to believe that I was with Page mare hours before this moment. I was sure I wanted to marry Emerald yet at this moment my tongue was tied.

I had slept with my ex girlfriend the night before our wedding, how could I enter a marriage with that on my chest? I would be a liar and a cheat. Emerald didn't need a man with those qualities in her life. Emerald looked at me with confusion and so did the priest.

"What's wrong?" came Emerald's soft voice and I closed my eyes. I had fucked up in more ways than one, her question had one main answer that I could not give however.

I was sweating in a cool environment...where do I even begin in generating an answer?

"He cheated on you with his ex-girlfriend" Shockwave stated and all eyes faced him, his arms crossed while the crowd gasped. I had always admired his boldness, at this moment, I didn't.

Emerald stared at Shockwave but her eyes indicated that she failed to believe her brother in law. The fact that she was willing to see me in bright lighting was a tear the spark I did not have. She was so pure yet I stood to be the opposite of that.

"Is this...true?" She asked and I looked at her, her eyes were already saturated. I swallowed, feeling sweat moving along my face, silence means consent and she would leave me with an answer.

If I did not answer she would also leave.

"Emerald..." I began and she dragged her hands away from me. Her glare was deadly, it was as though she was hanging by a thread when it came to throwing out her brother-in-law's statement.

She wanted to believe me.

"Is it true Soundwave?!" she asked in a louder tone and as soon as I nodded her hand made harsh contact with my face. People began speaking and while the slap merely stung the look in her optics (eyes) was crippling.

"I actually wanted to believe he was lying" her voice broke as I finally turned to face her. She gathered her dress as best as she possibly could and I was still without words. Firestar was the first to stand when Emerald took slow steps before making a hasty exit.

"Emerald wait!" Star called after her and the priest gave me a look. He too disappeared inside the church without a word.

"I am disappointed that i believed you are nothing like them" Arcee hissed the words while her lover stared at me in silence. It was as though he was trying to figure out why I had done it.

What have I done?

****

Eventually everyone left, leaving me alone in the church staring at the rings in the palm of my hand. The rings were supposed to be on our fingers. Liquid hit the ring softly and everything seemed blurry. I was a man with excellent if not extraordinary vision so this was a bit odd.

I tilted my head, what was the meaning of this saturation? Was the church poorly constructed and was somehow leaking? I touched my face with white gloves, I had no idea that I was capable of such a thing. I stared at the liquid on my finger, it was in an instance such as this one I craved the mask.

"I am a cruel man but your cruelty surpasses mine brother, you wouldn't even tell her" came my brother's voice and I still kept my head down. I was concerned about the sudden moisture in my eyes and I wished not to have my brother question what must be a defect of being in a human vessel far too long.

"That gives the right to reveal what I am not proud of? Some best man you are" I hissed as I moved the rings between my fingers.

"Some husband you would be hiding something that big. The fact that you expected me to say nothing seems most illogical" he said the latter part of his statement rather slowly. I sighed, I was in no mood for company.