Chapter 9- The weekend

Emerald's Pov

Emerald's Pov

I stared at Soundwave who was busy treating the bruise on my upper lip. I could remember Shockwave's knuckle making contact with the area so clearly. Taking myself from the distasteful memory I stared at Soundwave again, my eyes on his hair. He was so strange, why he chose to cover his face would never cease to bother me but the most disturbing fact was how often he changed gloves.

Did he have a terrible scar beyond that mask? Was he hideous due to an unfortunate incident with a chemical? Was he facially flawed?

"Why do you wear a mask?" I asked and he kept his focus on what he was doing, his hair being placed behind his ear stiffly with his free hand. I made a face at the burning sensation on my lip, was this the universe's sign for me to shut the fuck up?

"Ouch, it burns you know" I hissed as I tried to shift my body from his reach for us to wrestle a bit. He pulled the saturated cotton ball away for a matter of seconds as he stared at me through that mask of his.

"It burns" I repeated as he roasted the wrist of the hand that held the cotton ball.

"As it should" he hissed before continuing to clean the bruise again, air being pulled through my teeth as I held onto the metallic bed. I kept my eyes on his mask, my toes curling as I attempted small talk once again as an attempt to distract myself from the pain.

"Do you have a ugly scar on your face?' I asked and Soundwave tilted my face in order to examine it.

"What led you to the assumption that I have a face?" he asked bitterly and I swallowed. You had to have a face to see when treating one's bruises right?

"Are you a germaphobe?" I continued with that instead and Soundwave made a sound I could not quite describe.

"Must you always speak or have questions?" He asked and I grabbed the saturated cotton ball from his hand. I could be quiet at times!

"I try to make conversation because that's what normal people do. If it was up to you masked man you wouldn't speak" I hissed as I placed the cotton on the bruise resting on my upper lip.

"So you do utilize your senses to find that you are irritating" he stated as he touched my shoulder that had an injury. Unfortunately the joint was impaired whereby it had fallen out of socket. I ignored his nasty retort.

"Then go be with someone less irritating" I hissed, hinting at his girlfriend who in my opinion stood to be far more irritating than I was.

"It is impolite to listen to conversations that concern you not only to recollect them" he hissed and I simply stuck my tongue out and moved my head from side to side.

He should have tossed me elsewhere if he was so keen on the morals eavesdropping.

"Why do you bother having a girlfriend if you treat her like shit? Why not stay wrapped up in whatever lonely world you are in" I asked and he held my arm up.

"What gives you the idea that being alone terrifies me? My personal life is not your concern" he told me in a matter of fact tone before shoving my shoulder into its rightful place.

I yelled and kicked air, he could at least issue a warning. I wished not to experience anything so severe again, my eyes moist as I stared at nothing when his gloved fingers massaged the area. I took deep breaths, the nails of my free hand digging into my very own thigh

"I was just trying to get a conversation going" I pointed out as he stood. The man was truly cold for him to attend to a dislocated shoulder in such a harsh manner.