3

• Amelia •

Luckily, Jasmine didn't follow me. I open the door and sit down on the bed for a moment. Taking a deep breath, I continue telling myself this is all real. I'm really about to go home with Ariana Grande and Jai Brooks.

"Please God... please let them like me. Please don't have me ruin their life. Please..." I whisper, closing my eyes over for a moment.

I take one more deep breath and then get up. I look under my bed and find my old bag. Not like a book bag, more of an oversized purse type thing. It holds all of my belongings perfectly.

4 t-shirts, 2 pairs of jeans, undergarments, 5 thick bracelets, my little box of a few things that I know I'll need sometime later, my ipod, and my headphones. When I'm done packing, I pick up my bag and put it over my shoulder.

"Bye room. I bet I'll see you again in a month..." I sigh, open up the door and walk out.

As I'm walking down the hall, I see Bella. She comes running up to me.

"Amelia! Amelia!" She squeals.

"Hi Bells" I greet.

"Guess what!" She exclaims excitedly. She sounds so happy it actually brings a smile to my face.

"What?" I ask curiously.

"I GOT ADOPTED!" She squeals.

"Oh my goodness! I'm so happy! I'm gonna miss you so much!" I say as tears start brimming my eyes and I can see tears are brimming in her eyes too.

"I'm gonna miss you too!" She says hugging me and I return the embrace.

"Did you get adopted too?" She asks.

"Yep." I whisper back.

"REALLY?!" She asks excitedly, pulling away from our hug.

"Really." I tell her.

She's so happy for me. But still, she never knew about the other 6 times... I guess that's why she has hope for me.

"See! I told you to hold onto hope!" She says.

"Yes, you were right." I tell her.

"Well I've gotta go! I'll try to keep in touch with you okay?" She asks.

"Okay." I agree.

She gives me one last hug and begins to walk away but I stop her.

"Hey Bells?" I ask.

She turns around. "Yeah?"

"Thank you for everything." I say, wiping away a tear that slid from my eye.

She runs back and gives me one last hug.

"Of course." She says.

I hear her sniffling. I guess she really is gonna miss me...

-