38

Maya

Ariana brings me back to the den and we sit down.

She lets out a small sigh.

"You know Nash isn't going to find out, right?" She asks me.

I feel a little nervous that he will, but I trust her.

"Of course. I trust you." I tell her.

"Okay good."

We sit in silence for a moment.

"Maya I'm really sorry for asking that question earlier. I wasn't thinking and I feel really bad about it. I'm sorry if I hurt you or offended you in any way." She says.

I hug her.

"Ariana trust me I wasn't hurt or offended. You would know if I was hurt or offended. It's okay, we all make mistakes." I say, pulling away from the hug.

I smile at her. it's true. I'm not offended or hurt by the question at all. She didn't mean to hurt me, she just wasn't thinking. I understand. We all make mistakes.

"It's so nice to know how understanding you are. Thank you."

"Of course."

"Alright let's go back and find Amelia."

We get up and go to the living room, which is huge. We look around the room, trying to spot Amelia. She's not here.

"Do you see her?" I ask Ariana.

"No do you?"

"Nope"

"She probably went to the bathroom. She'll be back."

"Yeah probably."

We go and talk to Liz and Matt while we wait for Amelia to return. We talk to them for quite awhile, but Amelia still hasn't come back. I pull Ariana aside.

"Why hasn't she come back? Do you think she's okay?" I ask Ariana over the loud music.

She's about to respond when suddenly we hear a blood hurtling scream. It was so loud that we heard it over the blaring music.

I look at Ariana and she looks frightened. Everyone else is still talking. They clearly didn't hear it.

"Um... that sounded like Amelia..." I say.

Ariana nods in agreement.

"Guys turn off the music!" She yells.

Beau hits the pause button on his phone on his phone, causing the speakers to stop playing the music.

"Did you hear that?" Ariana asks nervously.

"Hear what?" Jai asks.

"That loud scream." I say.

"What loud scream?" Luke asks.

Everyone looks at Ariana and I like we're crazy. I glance around quickly. I noticed that not only is Amelia missing, but Nash is too.

"Where's Nash?" I ask.

"Not sure." James answers.

"Can I turn the music back on now?" Beau asks.

"No. Amelia and Nash are both missing and Maya and I heard a scream. We have to find them." Ariana says.

Everyone looks around. They see that both Amelia and Nash are missing.

"Ugh fine. But this better not be some stupid prank." Beau says.

"It's not." I say, feeling angry he would think that it's a prank.