39

Ariana

"SHE CHEATED ON ME!" Maya yells, bursting into tears.

My heart sinks. I'm shocked and sad to hear this.

But Amelia loves Maya. I know love when I see it. Would she really cheat? And with who? Was it Nash?

"She cheated on me." Maya repeats in a softer voice, still crying.

She pulls up the lock and opens the door before I can stop her.

She gets out of the car.

"Go home Ariana. Go. I'm fine." She says, shutting the door and running off.

I sit for a moment, still in shock.

Should I follow her? Should I drive? Should I run?

I look down at my shoes. I put on sneakers.

I decide to run after her and come back to get the car later. If I bring the car, she's not going to get in. I have a better chance at running.

I quickly park the car up to the curb and take out the keys. I get out of the car, lock the doors, put the keys in my pocket and run after her.

She's still in sight so I still have a chance at catching up.

I pick up my speed quickly and finally catch up to her after about 3 minutes.

I reach out and grab her waste so she can't run anymore. I pull her into a hug and she sobs into my shoulder.

"Shhh it's okay baby. Let it out." I tell her, stroking her hair.

I hug her tight as she continues to cry. We stand on the side walk for 5 minutes as she continues to cry. Soon she's out of tears. She pulls away from my shoulder. I push her hair out of her face.

"What happened love? What did you see? Did you find-" She cuts me off.

"Please don't say her name. I can't hear it right now. It hurts." She cries.

"Okay, okay." I say, hugging her.

She takes a deep breath and looks at me.

"I... I saw... her and... Nash... in... the... the last room... and... and she... she was... was on top... top of... of him... and... I... I didn't want... want to know... why or... what they were... were doing..." She stutters through tears.

I hold her close.

"I don't think Amelia would do that love." I say.

"How would you know?" She asks.

"Trust me Maya, I just don't think she's that kind of person. Would you like me to talk to her?" I ask her.

She nods her head yes.

"Please." She whispers.

"Of course." I say.

"Now let me take you the rest of the way home." I say.

"No. No that's okay." She shakes her head.

"Yes Maya. Yes." I say.

She sighs.

"I don't what you to see it." She says.

"See what?" I ask.

"My home." She replies, wiping away a few tears.

"Maya I'm not going to judge you. You have nothing to be embarrassed about. How far is it from here?" I ask her.

"I don't know like 10 minutes? 15 maybe?"

"Come on. Let's go get the car."

We turn back around and go to the car. We get in and I begin driving. She directs me to her home.

Well... it's not really a home...

"This is it." She says about to get out of the car.

"Here?" I ask, shocked that she's going to go into an old, abandoned looking building.

"Yep. Thanks for the ride." She says.

"Oh no Maya. You can't go in there." I tell her, frightened.

"Ari I live here. Trust me it's fine."

I sigh.

"Be careful. I'll be back later to tell you what she said. Go take a nap. I think you need sleep." I tell her.

"Okay. Thank you Ari." She says.

She gets out of the car.

"I told you I'd always be here for you." I say and blow her a kiss.

"I love you." She says.

"I love you too." I say.

I watch her go into the old, abandon looking building, making sure she gets in okay.

Once she's in and closes the door, I turn around and head back home.

This must just be a miss understanding.

I know Amelia wouldn't do this.

I know it.

A/N short I know. Working on the next chapter. I'm really tired though. So no promises that it'll be up tonight. - Jess xx