13

• Ariana •

Amelia finished her whole dinner. All of it. Every single bite. I have never been this happy. I just met her a few hours ago but I feel like I've known her for years. I'm so proud.

I see our waiter coming back over. "Is everyone's meal okay?" He asks us.

"Wonderful" I smile, everyone agreeing with me.

"Good, good. Can I get you dessert or would you just like the check?" He asks us and everyone agrees that they're completely stuffed.

"Just the check please." I request politely.

"Would you like it as a whole or separate?" He asks us.

Usually we all pay separate, but tonight I'm going to pay for everyone.

"A whole please." I say.

"Wait Ariana!" The whole table burst into argument.

"Guys, guys! It's my treat." I say, calming them all down.

"I'll be right back." The waiter says, going to get the check.

"Ariana you didn't have to do that." Brian says.

"I know but I wanted too." I told him and the others.

"Thank you." They all say.

"You're welcome." I smile.

The waiter comes back with the check. $102. Not that bad. I pull out the cash and put it in the little book and hand it back to him.

"Thank you. Have a great night." He tells us.

"You too." We respond and I leave a $40 tip on the table before we walk out.

Once we get to the parking lot we all say goodbye and everyone told Amelia it was nice meeting her. I could tell it made her happy and she looked a lot more relieved.

"Ariana. I won't be down in LA for a few weeks. I have some things I have to take care of here." My mom tells me.

"Okay mommy. I'll call you. I love you and thank you for everything" I tell her.

"Of course baby." She says, hugging me.

"It was so nice meeting you sweetie." She tells Amelia, giving her a tight hug.

"It was nice meeting you too mrs...um..." Amelia says awkwardly and the trails off.

"Please call me Joan!" My mom says.

"It was nice meeting you too Joan.." My mom gives her a kiss on the top of the head and then goes to Jai.

"It was nice to see you Jai I'll see you in a few weeks." My mom says giving him a hug.

He kisses her cheek "It was nice seeing you too." He tells her.

Then my mom hugs Alexa. "Nice seeing you too Alexa. I'll see you soon." She says.

"I love you mom!" She says, making my mom laugh. Yep we're like sisters. She calls my mom, mom.

"Give me a call Ariana! I love you!" She says, giving me one last hug and then walking to her car.

"I will and I love you too mom!" I call out to her.

"Alright off to Nonna and Grandpas?" I ask.

"Let's go my ladies!" Jai says, pulling out the car keys and then winking.

Amelia, Alexa and I giggle and then follow Jai to the car. Jai in the drivers seat, I sit next to him, and Alexa and Amelia in the back.

We all click our seat belts and at first everyone's silent.