53

Ariana

Jai pulls into the driveway and we help the girls out of the car. Amelia's holding onto my arm and Maya's holding onto Jai's.

We walk to the front door and Jai puts the key in and opens the door.

Once we're all in, Jai shuts the door and I hear the sound of paws running across the floor. The pups come running into the room, barking and jumping up on us.

"Hey! Hey! Down babies!" I say, causing them to stop jumping on us.

"Why don't we set you girls up to watch a movie in the den." Jai says, glancing at me.

He has a small smile on his face, like he has something planned.

"That sounds good." Amelia says and Maya nods in agreement.

They slip off their flip flops and Jai and I take off our shoes too.

We lead them to the den and the pups happily follow with us.

When we get to the den, I hit the lights.

There's a big banner hanging across the room that says WELCOME HOME AMELIA AND MAYA! It's decorated in markers with little doodles all over the place. There's also boxes of candy and popcorn set out on the coffee table along with pop and water.

"SURPRISE!" Luke, Beau, James, Skip, Alexa and Frankie yell, jumping out from various places around the room.

I smile, knowing Jai must've planned this to be set this up. I look at Amelia and Maya who have huge smiles on their faces.

The boys and Alexa come running over and give Amelia and Maya gentle hugs.

"We missed you!" James says.

"And we're so happy you're okay!" Beau adds.

"It wouldn't be the same without you girls." Skip smiles.

"Yeah, I couldn't be the best uncle in the world if you weren't here." Luke winks.

"And I couldn't be the best aunt in the world if you weren't here." Alexa giggles, glancing at Luke as he playfully rolls his eyes.

"Plus we need our cute happy couple around!" Frankie says happily, making Amelia and Maya smile.

"Well we're okay!" Amelia says, smiling.

"Thank goodness." Maya adds.

"Well what're we waiting for? Let's watch a movie!" Luke says in a girly tone making us all laugh.

"Stop making me laugh Luke! It hurtsssss!" Amelia wines, holding out the 'S'

"I'm sorry!" Luke says, taking Amelia from me and helping her over to the couch.

Beau takes Maya from Jai and helps her to sit next to Amelia.

Then Frankie, Skip, Beau, James, and Alexa all begin talking to Maya and Amelia while Luke starts to scroll through movies.

"Let's go s-" Jai begins but I cut him off.

"No, I need to talk to you first." I say, grabbing his arm, pulling him out of the room and into the kitchen.

I open my mouth to speak, but I begin to cry.

Jai pulls me into his arms and I cry into his chest.

"What's wrong love?" He asks, sadness filling his voice.

I hold onto him tight for a few minutes as he rubs my back, waiting patiently for me to calm down.

I pull away and wipe away my tears.