33

Amelia

*Skip to day 27*

3 more days. I've made more progress than I could have ever imagined. Soon I'll be able to say I've officially recovered from an eating disorder. It feels good. I'm doing something right. I've talked to Jai. He apologized to me for having Maya tell me about Ariana instead of him. He had a good reason though. He had her tell me because if he told me himself, he couldn't have given me a hug. But since Maya is here with me, she could. I forgave him and then told him about Maya and I. At first, he was kind of shocked. But then he told me he is happy for me and is even more excited to meet Maya. He told me all he wants is for me to fall in love no matter if it's with a boy or girl. All he cares is that I'm happy. I asked him about Ariana and he informed me that she is back to where she was before. At least she's doing better than she was four days ago...

Day 27:

3 more days. Then finally I can go home. I can see Jai and the boys and Frankie and... Ariana... maybe, maybe Ariana will wake up before I get there... that would be the best welcome home gift ever... maybe...

I wake up and it's 7:05am. I quickly change and head downstairs to the cafeteria.

Maya is waiting outside.

"Sup muffin?" She laughs.

"Nothing really." I giggle.

I run over and hug her. She kisses my forehead and I feel butterflies.

We walk into the cafeteria and go through the regular process of getting our food. Then we go to our table and sit down.

"3 more days." I say, taking a bite of my muffin.

"And then we're out." She says.

"I'm excited."

"Yep..." She says.

I could hear a little sadness in her voice.

"What's wrong love?" I ask her.

"I... I don't really wanna go home... it's... lonely..." She tells me, looking down at her breakfast.

I lift her chin up and push her hair behind her ear.

"It'll be okay buttercup." I say, tapping her nose.

She laughs.

"Thanks Amelia... you always know how to make me feel better." She tells me.

"Good. I'm happy I can." I reply.

We finish eating and then go to call Jai.

I dial the number and he picks up after only one ring.

"Amelia!" He says excitedly.

"Woah... how'd you know it was me?" I giggle.

"I memorized the number... guess what!"

"What?"

"Ariana is showing signs of waking up soon!"

I feel a rush of excitement come over me.

"Jai you better not be fucking with me!"

"I swear Amelia, I swear."

Tears of happiness fill my eyes.

"Are you okay?" Maya asks giving me a hug.

I nod my head.

"She's showing signs of waking up." I whisper to her.

"Really?!" She asks me.