Two - A Long Time

Ahch-to

Rey stands on the island summit, opposite the robed figure of Luke Skywalker. In her outstretched hand, she presents him the lightsaber. He stares down at it, brow furrowing. Save for a gust of an ocean breeze, there is only silence between the two. Rey shifts, uncomfortable.

"...what is that?" Luke finally asks.

"You're lightsaber." Rey replies.

"No it isn't."

"Yes. It is." Rey insists, waving it at him.

He leans in, looking closer. "It couldn't be..."

"It is."

"I...lost that lightsaber decades ago, on the cloud city of Bespin. Darth Vader chopped my hand off while I was holding it, and it fell into oblivion. Where in the galaxy did you find it?"

"In the basement of a dirty cantina." She says.

He raises an eyebrow. "How did it get there?"

"I don't know!" Rey says exasperated. "Look are you gonna take it or not? My arm is starting to get tired."

Luke hesitates, then reaches out and takes the lightsaber. He holds it gingerly, rolling it in his grip. He ignites the light-blue blade and stares at it.

"Never thought I'd see this again..." He says, with amazement.

Then, he looks at Rey, eyebrow quirking.

"Who exactly are you?" Luke asks.

"I'm Rey." She replies.

"Rey what?" Luke prods.

"Just Rey."

He shrugs. "Alright Rey, how did you find me?"

She nods back towards where she came from. "We found the map, and your droid filled in the rest."

Luke deactivates the lightsaber and studies her.

"Why you?" He eventually asks.

"Excuse me?"

"They could have sent anyone." Luke explains. "Han, Leia, Chewie. Hell, even Lando wouldn't be strange. But we've never met. Why would they send you, and not the others?"

Rey looks uncomfortable. "...actually Chewbacca is here. He's back at the ship."

"Well what are we doing sitting around on this mountain!? Let's go see him! I haven't seen that hairy guy in ages!"

"Al..alright." Rey says reluctantly.

Rey starts walking back the way she came, with Luke in tow. She keeps shooting glances over he shoulder at Luke, as if to make sure he's still there. Her glances are laced with not a small amount of awe.

"Stop that." He says.

"Stop what?"

He sighs. "Stop staring at me."

"Sorry. But...you're Luke Skywalker. You destroyed the Death Star! You fought Darth Vader and the Emperor and defeated them both! You single-handedly toppled the Empire! You're a legend!" She grows more excited with each word.

He shakes his head. "All of that happened years ago. I haven't been that man in a long time...a long time." He look distant for a moment.

"You're a Jedi master!" Rey insists.

His gaze flickers away. "Kid, I'm not really much of-"

Luke's next words die, as the Millennium Falcon comes into view. Luke stares at the ship, eyes widening.