Three - Disappointments

The Supremacy

Kylo Ren is once again dueling with the Knights of Ren, light of the clashing weapons flashes through the dark room. A loud grinding noise signals the opening of the massive entry door. Hux and Thrawn stride into the room.

Snoke watches the fight from his throne. There are a pair of twi'lek concubines, one green, and one red, on either side of his throne. Snoke rubs the red one's cheek as he watches the fight, disinterested expression on his face. Kylo kicks one of the knights back, then takes a swing at another. His attack is blocked, and he gets hit in the leg. He drops to one knee and Ador Ren kicks him in the face. Kylo sprawls on the ground dropping his lightsaber.

"Pathetic." Ador says, sneering. "And to think you were our leader. Look at you now."

Kylo reaches for his lightsaber. Ador kicks it away, then jabs Kylo in the ribs with his electrostaff. Kylo winces, but makes a visible effort not to cry out.

"I think that's enough for one day." Snoke says. "Pick him up."

Two knights reach down and each grab one of Kylo's arms, hoisting him up. As soon as he is back up Kylo shrugs them off, and stands on his own. It is obviously a struggle to do even that, but he accepts no help.

"Kylo Ren, this is Grand Admiral Thrawn," Snoke explains, motioning towards Thrawn.

"A pleasure," Thrawn says, nodding to Kylo.

Kylo barely acknowledges his presence.

"He is to be the new commander of this fleet." Snoke says, offhandedly.

"What!?" Hux exclaims.

Snoke narrows his eyes. "Is there a problem, General Hux?"

Hux swallows, nervously. "Supreme Leader, I'm afraid I don't understand. I have run this military for-"

"You have run this military into the ground!" Snoke hisses. "You allowed the Resistance to destroy our greatest weapon, let system after system to fall out of our control, and just recently were incapable of dealing with a small group of Resistance fighters!"

"But Supreme Leader, I-" Hux cuts off as he is force choked.

"I am not interested in whatever excuse you were about to provide. Thrawn will command this fleet now. He has the experience, the skills, and most importantly, he is not an imbecile! Do you understand?"

Hux nods frantically, struggling and failing to breath.

"Good. Now return to the rest of the fleet, before you give me a reason to demote you further."

Snoke releases Hux, who falls to the floor, gasping for air. Still recovering, he stumbles out of the throne room.

"You may go as well, Kylo Ren. Thrawn and I have military matters to discuss," Snoke says, absentmindedly stroking  the head of one of the concubines.

Kylo Ren limps out the room. He arrives in the outside hallway, and continues to walk. He checks to see if there is anyone else around. As soon as Kylo he is alone, he slumps against the wall, and slides to the floor. He moans in pain.

Meanwhile, Rey is sitting similarly on the beach of the island. She gazes into the sea. The tide comes in, washing over her boots. She smiles and reaches down to cup a handful of water.

Kylo tilts his head, as if hearing the tide. He starts to look in the direction Rey would be, were they facing opposite.

Rey sits up straight, and also looks to where Kylo would be.

"Is that you...Rey?" Kylo says.

Rey scrambles back, splashing water from the motion. "What are you doing? How did you get in my head!?"