Eighteen - The Girl

Luke Skywalker dashes down the Supremacy's dark halls. He passes around a corner to find Finn and Chewbacca helping Lorn walk, while R2 rolls beside. He looks around at the pile of stormtroopers, the body of Valto, and the unconscious Ador.

"What happened here, and where is Rey?" He asks.

"I snuck in to plant the bomb, while everyone else fought out here." Finn explains." I managed to take down the cannons' core, but after that Rey ran off to find Snoke."

"Fool girl! She's gonna get herself killed!" Luke turns as if to run after her.

"...no. It'll be much worse than that." Lorn moans.

Luke turned back to her. "What are you talking about?"

"Snoke. He knows about her. Who she really is."

Luke's brow furrows in confusion. "What do you mean? She's just a scavenger from Jakku."

Lorn shakes her head. "Come on, Skwalker. You can't tell me you haven't noticed that girl is different..."

"Just...who do you think she is?" Luke asks, face growing pale.

Lorn leans in and whispers something in Luke's ear.

"She's WHAT!?" Luke exclaims.

Lorn looks down, nodding. Luke gapes, mouthing words but no sound comes out.

"What is going on with her?" Finn says, frustrated. "Who is Rey supposed to be, and why does it matter?"

Luke shakes his head, looking disturbed. "This changes everything I need...I need to stop her."

Finn gets a ping on his commlink.

"What is it now?" Finn asks no one in particular, pulling out his comm.

An image of Ackbar appears on the communicator.

"We saw that you dealt with the cannons. Good work, but unfortunately it just wasn't enough..."

"What do you mean?" Finn exclaims, "I blew the Core an everything, you guys can escape now."

"It's not that simple." Ackbar says, shaking his head. "There are just too many of them out here. Leia...she's trying something to give us a chance to escape in some of the shuttles. "

"What is she doing?" Luke asks, worried.

"I'm sorry Master Skywalkers I cannot tell you that." Ackbar says.

"And why not?" Luke demands.

"With respect, you would likely try to stop it. All I may tell you, is that you must all get off that ship right now, and join us in our last attempt at escape."

Luke nods. "We will."

The communicator blinks off.

Luke looks at the group as a whole. "Get back to the Millenium Falcon. Have it ready to go."

He turns to leave.

"Luke!" Finn calls after him.

Luke turns.

"Please bring Rey back." Finn says, pleadingly.

Luke pauses before responding. "I'll...do my best."

With that Luke voyages deeper into the bowels of the ship.

***

The Praetorian Guards tighten their circle around Rey, like a noose.

Surging with the Force, she leaps over them, landing on the outside of the circle. The guards whirl around to face Rey. The moment she lands she is already swinging her lightsaber at one of the guards. Without time to get his sword up, he deflects the blade along his forearm. The lightsaber crackles and sparks against the armor, charring it. The guard shifts his stance so his other arm, and sword face Rey. The other guards advance, and Rey is forced to retreat back, knocking aside blows.