Fifteen - The Student and The Master

The Raddus

Leia and Ackbar watch as the Resistance Fleet gets hammered from all sides. Star destroyers rain down with turbolasers, while TIE fighters swoop to slice chunks off. The X-wings do their best to hold back the onslaught, but there are only so many of them. Leia winces with the destruction of the fighter. Even Ackbar looks disturbed by the carnage.

"There's just too many!" A pilot shouts over the commlink.

Two TIEs swoop in, firing at him. He forced into evasive moments. Another TIE cuts the figheter off, and they close in.

Before any can fire, Poe swoops in, and blows all three TIEs away.

"Don't let them surround you, stick with your squad. No risky moves."

"Yes sir!" The pilot replies.

Poe flies away to assist another X-wing taking fire.

In spite of everything, Leia smiles. "That kid is single-handedly keeping this fleet in one piece."

"But for how long?" Ackbar asks.

The Supremacy's cannon's fire. A Frigate is immediately destroyed in the blast.

"Evasive maneuvers!" Ackbar shouts.

All of the Resistance ships scatter, flying in all directions. The Supremacy fires again. Another frigate barely avoids destruction as it passes under the laser blast. The third volley grazes a corvette, splitting it in half. The two remains of the destroyed ship, plummet back down into Crait's atmosphere. Leia stares out at the falling wreckage, and closes her eye, looking solemn.

"We have a few minutes until those guns fire again." She says, opening her eye. "Let's make them count."

***

The Supremacy

Rey ducks and weaves around a relentless series of swings from Tabo. Finally, she is able to block and shove him backwards. But the man rolls into the push and cartwheels back into a standing position.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me." Rey says, exasperated.

Tabo rushes her. He lashes his blades together and drives them towards Rey in a scissor motion. She throws her blade in between his two, blocking them. With Rey's blade locked between his, Tabo starts to move forward. Rey digs her heels in, but he continues to apply pressure, inching her backwards. As her heels slide across the floor, Rey looks behind and sees that the energy field at the edge of the hangar is not far behind her. Her eyes widen in panic and she throws her weight against the other Force-user.

It only serves to slow the inevitable.

***

Lorn dodges one of Cad's swings, and kicks the man in the side. He grunts and tries to chop her in half. She shuffles back out of the blade's range, firing both blasters. He knocks the bolts back and charges while she dodges. She raises her blasters, but he slices the barrels off with his saber. She throws up her arm ejecting her palm blaster. He grabs her by the hand, and tears the blaster from her grip. She checks his other arm with an elbow, keeping him from spitting her in two, then shuffles back out of reach.

"Enough running around." Cad growls.

He makes a pulling motion, and Lorn flies towards him. The Red blade swings down toward her head. She cannot dodge. The moment before the red blade strikes, Lorn throws out both hands. Cad, shoots back, and slams into a TIE fighter. He blinks in shock, staggering to keep his feet under him after the impact.

"I really didn't want to have to do this..." Lorn says, tiredly.

She, reaches to the small of her back and pulls something out from under her armor.