Eleven - The Battle of Crait

Crait

The Millenium Falcon drops out of hyperspace above Crait. The ship flies down into the planet's atmosphere, and races towards the Resistance base. Weapons train on the ship, but lower once it's identified. Finally it touches down inside the hangar.

Finn is waiting inside with Leia and Poe. C3PO is also standing nearby. The Falcon's landing ramp lowers and Rey and Chewbacca walk out. As soon as Rey sees Finn she runs to him and hugs him.

"Oof," Finn says."it's nice to see you too.

"Sorry," Rey says pulling back. "I just needed that."

Finn and Rey stare at each other for a moment.

"I'm Poe. Poe Dameron." Poe says, leaning forward.

"Oh, hi. I'm Rey."

Poe smiles knowingly. "Ah so this is the girl I've been hearing about-"

Finn elbows Poe in the gut. Rey laughs. Chewbacca lumbers over to Leia.

Leia smiles. "Hey there...you big walking carpet."

Chewie wraps her up in a hug and lifts her up.

"Missed you too, Chewie," She says laughing.

Chewbacca puts her down. Leia smiles again at the wookiee, then looks back at the ship.

"Is there...anyone else?" She asks.

"Yes did you bring back Master Luke?" C3PO butts in. "And where's R2? First he wakes up after years of dormancy, then he runs off to some mission to find Luke? Honestly the circuits on that droid..."

Chewbacca growls sadly. Rey s gives Leia an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't bring Luke back. He taught me everything he could, but in the end I guess he just wasn't ready to face all of this again."

Leia nods, as if she was expecting this.

"Luke...well I guess it was too much to hope that he'd come back after all this time. Thank you for trying."

Rey nods, solemnly.

"We could...get some of you out of here." Rey say nodding to the Millenium Falcon.

Leia shakes her head.

"Only a handful of us would fit onboard. I'm not leaving my men behind, and I doubt anyone else will give you a different answer."

"Thought so..."

"Alright." Leia shakes herself. "That's enough hugging and kissing. We've got the entire First Order fleet coming for us. Let's make sure we're ready when they get here."

They all leap into motion. Rey follows Finn and Poe as they move deeper into the base.

"So what was Luke Skywalker like?" Poe asks.

"Not what you'd expect." She says sighing.

"Did he ever do any piloting while you were there?"

"No." Rey says.

Poe shakes his head. "What I'd give to-"

He bumps into Lorn, and stumbles. Lorn might as well have been a tree for all she moved.

"Woah, sorry bout that." Poe says.

"Don't mention-" Lorn looks past Poe, and stares at Rey.

She takes a half-step toward Rey. One of her hands raises towards the girls face. Rey stepped back, looking uncomfortable.

"Um do I know you?" Rey asks.