Sixteen - The Core

Chewbacca blasts a stormtrooper across the hall. Another one dashes at the wookie, pulling out a crackling stun baton. He swings, and the plasma-wrapped weapon smashes against Chewbacca's arm. Chewbacca drops the bowcaster with an earsplitting howl. He grabs the stormtrooper and smashes him against a wall. Three other troopers pull out batons and charge at Chewbacca. Chewbacca charges back.

***

Lorn slaps aside a thrust from Valto, then leaps into a spinning slash. The knight pulls the staff up to block, then swings a follow-up while Lorn is still in the air. Lorn twists, to avoid the brunt of the strike but the blade still slices along the side of Lorn's helmet. She shuffles back, holding up her magenta blade defensively.

"You seem a little rusty." Valto remarks. "I'm guessing it's been awhile since you last used that blade?"

"Not really." Lorn replies. "I just killed one of your friends with it. Who was the one with the oversized lightsaber? I never learned his name."

Valto hesitates. Lorn rushes her. Surprised, Valton tries to swing her saber pike down on Lorn, but she deflects the red blade aside and kicks Valto in the gut. The girl doubles over, and retreats back.

"Scared? Don't worry you'll get to see your friends again soon."

***

Rey's saber clashes with Ador Ren's, sending a shower of sparks that light up the darkened hallway. He swings to lop her head off, and Rey only barely ducks below the strike. She tries to throw a force push, but Ador negates it with one of his own and savagedly slashes twice more. Rey block the hammer-like blows, stumbling back. Ador then shoves his blade against hers and uses it as leverage to elbow her in the side. Rey gasps as she retreats backwards.

Ador shakes his head with disguest. "I can't believe you're the one he wants."

"Who? Kylo?" Rey asks.

Ador scoffs. "Not him. Our real master: Snoke."

Rey blinks. She seems to consider this for a moment, then suddenly grabs one of the few stormtrooper with the Force and flings him at Ador.

Ador rolls his eyes, flicks a hand, and the trooper sails past him to smack into wall.

"....he says you are the key to all of this..." Ador continues.

Ador thrusts at Rey's chest. She moves to block, but it's a feint, and Ador actually flicks at Rey's shoulder. The blade grazes her arm, flesh burning. Rey hisses with pain, hands trembling with the effort to not let her guard drop.

"...I don't see it."

"What could Snoke want with me?" Rey asks. "I'm no one."

"You really have no idea...?" Ador's widen and he straightens. "...maybe I can end you before you find out, then."

Ador knocks Rey's blade aside and kicks her in the chest.

"If you live, Snoke will have no more use for us...if I kill you here, then that's not a problem."

Rey throws her hand out, sending a force push at Ador. He sends his hand out, overcoming Rey's own push, and slamming her back into the floor. Ador brings his blade up to plunge down into Rey.

***

Lorn rushes at Valto, thrusting. The Knight deflects the blow and swings her staff's blade in a diagonal cut. Lorn crouches beneath the swing, and swings at Valto's legs. Valto hops over the blade and brings her staff into a downward stab at Lorn. Lorn jumps back, avoiding the blade. The two women stare each other down.