Chapter 5

I woke up with the worst headache I have ever had in my life, maybe I did have too much to drink. I checked the time on the alarm clock.

8:28am

I have to wake up early to get ready for an interview. It started at 11am and it is a really important interview with the best modelling agency in the world The Hilton Chiché. If it goes well in the next few weeks I would be on billboards, ads on the TV and it would give my mother a shit ton of money. I didn't really want any more fights with my mother so I have to go to this interview.

I stumbled out of bed, being careful not to step on Drake who was passed out on the floor and walk over to a table that had a glasses of water and some aspirin. I knew Eugene had placed it here knowing how bad our hangovers can get. I took the medication before chugging 2 cups of water. Feeling a tiny bit better, I went to the bathroom and gasped as I looked at my reflection. Yikes I need to take a shower, make up, fix my hair, I basically have to fix everything about myself.

I went back into the bedroom, got my stuff from underneath Grace bed and picked out one of her ripped jeans and a shirt. Thankfully both of us wear the same size. I took a quick shower, shaving everywhere while I was in there and got dressed. I wore a pair of dark blue ripped jeans and a yellow off the shoulder top that really went well with my skin. I did my simple make up look but added more highlighter than usual and winged out my eyeliner a bit more.

I looked at my messy frizzy hair that was sticking out everywhere. Since I'm black my hair is more curly or kinky than others. I wasn't really a fan of wearing weave or braids even though my mother insisted, I loved my natural hair so I would wear it natural as much as possible and wear a wig for any photoshoot I had. I rummaged through my little bag looking for the supplies I needed to fix this hair. I got out my wide tooth comb, hair gel and a bunch of hair cream even though I didn't know what there for. I dragged the comb through my hair making sure I got every knot out, I put my hair in a high ponytail then did a decent messy bun and did my edges. I then put a shit ton of hairspray to hold everything in place.

I put on a chocker, after looking in the mirror one last time I hurried out and checked the time.

9:16am

I don't usually take this long to get ready. I notice Grace wasn't in the room anymore, I picked one of her wedges and went to the kitchen. And there she was eating poptarts half asleep. "Morning" I grabbed a poptart off her plate. "Ughh stop yelling" she took another bite of her poptart. "But I'm not yelling, I'm talking like I normally would". She looked up glared at me then looked me up and down. "Where are you going looking all fancy... at like 9:30 in the morning.. in my clothes?". I rolled my eyes "the interview with Hilton Chiché, the best modelling agency in the world and I managed to get an appointment with them as well, they will talk to me then I'll have a mini shoot to see how I go and if I get accepted .. it would be amazing for my career plus I'll be away from my mother with all the trips I'll be going on". "Yeah that's cute and shit but why my new top? I haven't even wore it yet " she pouted being over dramatic like usual, I rolled my eyes again. "Cause by the time I reach home, my mother giving out to me and the drive over to Hilton Chiché we would be 20 minutes late. Now I got to go, bye love you" I took 2 poptarts off her plate and sprinted out the door

Within a few minutes I was at my house. I got the keys and opened the door where my mother was waiting for me in the living room. I ignored her and went upstairs. I emptied out my bag looking for my room key. I always locked my room since my mother would always go into my room and take my stuff. I eventually got the key and unlocked the door, dumping all my stuff on the bed.

My room was pretty simple. My bed is straight in the middle with bedside tables either side of it, a flat screen TV right in front of my bed on the wall. I had a walk in wardrobe and a bathroom connected to my room, I also had a little desk with my laptop. There's a couch and beanbags that surround a glass coffee table. My walls is a lovely mint colour while the floor is a fluffy white carpet.

I got my Louis Vuitton purse and headed downstairs to find my mother in dinning room scanning through magazines. "Are you ready to go to Hilton Chiché? It's a very big day my career" I sat down beside her eating my toast. "I know it is and you better get a place, there is a lot of competition but knowing you.. " she gave me a quick look shaking her head. "I'll try Mum" I mumbled. "I taught you not to mumble and you will not try you will win. Now hurry up we have to go now" she put the magazine back into its spot with the other hundreds of magazines.

We drove in silence for 20 minutes, her flipping through magazines to see if my picture is in it or what gossip was happening while I'm on my phone scrolling through Instagram.

"We have arrived Madame" the driver opened the door for my mother. I followed her out of the car and froze staring at the building. In big bold gold letters, The Hilton Chiché. The building was very modern and I heard rumours that there are at least 86 floors. People rushing in and out of the building, models doing mini photoshoots, people sitting on the grass eating their lunch while enjoying the sun. This place just looks fabulous. "Faith walk faster we don't have all day to earn money" my Mum yelled as I noticed she was nearly at the entrance.

"Here I go.." I ran towards my Mum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You can use my code
PRECIOUSN8920
To get 20% off at
FASHIONCETERA.COM

Rose🌹