─ '𝓓𝓮𝓪𝓻

Harleen Quinzel was a reasonably smart woman, I mean, she made her way through Gotham University with high honors. To think, she never opened a single book...

Anyway, here she was. Standing in front of the highly guarded doors that she'd been fighting for, for months now. She's been in offices, taken tests, had her notes verified and looked over, she even took an oath of mental stability. This woman has done it all, poured over document after document, studied his behaviors and his mannerisms, she even observed him through the camera for 24 hours and sat at the end of his hallway, listening to how he cackled at night and tried to figure out why. Some say they've never seen someone so dedicated to a case, a hopeless case at that. But it doesn't matter now, she's here and she's ready.

Harleen adjusted her glasses before going through security. She was pat down and metal detected, had her name run through a computer and finally released into the deepest hall of the psychiatric ward. Her hands were clammy but she held to her paperwork like her life depended on it. She ignored several catcalls and whistles by the other inhabitants of the ward, as she had her head set on one man. A man that'd break her, all with the illusion of submission.

The blonde, with her hair tied tightly in the back of her head, showed her ID to the guards blocking her entry, and as they removed the several layers separating her and him, a guard spoke to her.

“Careful Miss, I've seen him break a lotta people before you. Break 'em to the point where they break themselves...to the point of no return.”

Harleen gulped, she knew how serious this was but the way he put it made her heart quiver-

Her serious expression stayed complacent on her face, her eyes nor her mouth twitching even a bit to show any exterior sense of fear.

She took a deep breath, fixed herself and allowed the guard to escort her inside, taking a seat at her assigned chair, she watched the guard leave in silence, locking the door behind him.

Joker looked at the woman curiously, giving her a vein-wrenching smile as he watched her settle. Finally, Harleen spoke, with a cold, observatory tone she explained.

“Hello, Joker. I'm Dr. Quinzel...”

Her audacious blue eyes met with his toxic greens, both wore a serious face for a second until he finally broke the silence.

“Quinzel...Quinzel...

He licked his lips and clicked his tongue, as if savoring the taste of her name, repeating it over and over again, monotonously. Echoing the silent hallways, even passed the guards, and she didn't dare to speak. All to be heard, in a low, raspy, hypnotic tone-

Quinzel...