𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛

“ Wh-wh-wh...where are going? ”

Squid struggled, it was getting harder to breathe now since one of the goons threw a sack over his head.

“ Oh...Ya know- ” Harley giggled, and the car halted to a stop. Soft chuckles and whispers slip from her lips as the doors on either side of Squid flew open. One goon pushed him over, and the other grabbing him roughly by the arm nearly dragging over the cold pavement.

Giggles could be heard from behind him, as the pitter-patter of Harley's shoes and the soft jingle of her hat let him know that she too, was outside of the car.

And suddenly the crash of a light switch sent the ceiling buzzing, and for the first time since he's seen Harley and the goons- Squid could see- as the sack was quickly ripped off of his face.

“ Well, well, well... ” The shadowy figure spoke, all Squid could see was barely the figure of a man, who appeared to be sitting- “ now that the gangs all here...”

The Shadow stood up and walked from underneath the singular broken light fixture towards Squid, up until he was fully visible.

Joker... ” Sid winced from the sight, sure that his hyperventilating would be his last breaths. One of the goons picked him up from his kneeling position and let go of his hands, and even before he could pretend to enjoy his freedom Joker was directly in front of him- hand outstretched- with a large, threatening smile.

Welcome Sidney... ” please allow me the honor of shaking hands with the man who did the impossible. The man who... killed Batman. King of Crime further stretched his hand, and Sid reached for it sheepishly when, ZAP! Sidney let out a squeal and quickly drew his hand away, it was a joybuzzer.

“ Oops.. sorry, force of habit! You know, there's just one thing bothering me about your story Sid. No body. No...Batus delecti, so they say. We need to pull a job tonight- just to be sure. ”

And with that he decided to excuse himself, a single arm raised, and once lowered slithered around the shoulders of Harley Quinn. And the goons, without word, dragged Sidney to a corner. “ What's gonna happen to me? Gu-Guys am I gonna die? ” The goons each at each other and shrugged, neither caring enough to give him an answer. There Squid sat for hours on end until Joker returned, Harley under his arm, and signaled to the goons to go.

Joker and Harley each with a violent giggle leaped inside their green and purple plastered vehicle- whilst the goons tossed Sid in the back end of an armored truck and sped off.

After what felt like forever, the armored truck screeched into a halt and Sidney hid the double doors with a BANG! “ Well, that's gonna leave a mark, ” sighed Sid before the double doors flew open and he goons grabbed him the collar of his dingy button down. “ Hey fellas, what's - uh, what's gonna happen? What's the plan with the smiley-man? ” He tries to utter a laugh before he's shoved into the street- still bein held by the goons. Sid screams on the top of lungs, immediately making eye contact with the grill of a once-speeding car. The car, luckily for Sid, the car made a solid stop inches away from him. “ Field trip. muttered the goon on the left, and they sped across the street leaving Sid dragging behind them. Meanwhile, the pavement in front of them was crawling with employees and patrons from the Bank, a classic Joker target.

Once all of them were inside Joker began spewing out orders. “ Hahahahaaaa! Righty-o! Harley, pumpkin, you loot the safe while me and the boys set up. ” “Gotcha, Mr. J! ” And she disappeared from sight. Joker began handing out small smiley-faced grenades full of laughing glass. “ When the cops show, stall them for a while, shouldn't be too hard, just until the Bat shows up- Got it? ” “ Sure boss.” Sidney was sweating bullets. What if Batman did show? He'd be a loser- everyone will go back to making fun of him- but... What if he wasn't? What if Batman was alive and Joker decides to kill him for it? What is Joker doesn't kill him and his boss finds out Sid is alive and tries to him instead?