𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓭

Harleen woke up early in the morning, this morning she was in a particularly good mood. She danced into her already pressed clothes and drank up her coffee before dancing out the door.

The night before she'd thought to herself that a crush on her patient wasn't as bad as she had painted it and was sure she could use his interest in her as a way to get more information. Harleen pressed on, her baby blues glued to the road in anticipation, her heel clicking against the brake as came to her parking space beyond the creaking gates of Arkham.

The woman was buzzed in and happily greeted all whom she came across, including inmates. As she walked to the room they were meeting in she shouted a pleasant "Morning gentlemen!" before practically bouncing over to the guards.

"Morning Miss, you're in quite a good mood today."

"Well I just came across some rich information, Collins, this could be a big break for the psychoanalyst board."

She smiled despite of her lie, and a good lie at that, she had almost no info whatsoever, but she was determined to fish for some.

She slipped inside, and after having fixed her bright red dress in front of him, she propped her purse on her lap and began her examination.

"So, how's your week been going so far Joker? I see you look happier than usual."

"It's been great! Just great Harley,- is it alright if I call you that? I'm sure you wouldn't, since all your friends probably call you that, amirite?"

After explaining that she didn't have too many friends and him graciously apologizing, she lifted to unwrap his straight jacket. He stretched out his arms happily, rolling his wrists freely, the smile easily apparent on his face.

"Gee Harley, your boyfriend is a real lucky guy, you really know how to make a guy happy...You do have a boyfriend right? I mean, you've got the looks..."

"Actually Joker I dont-"

She was cut off by him insisting that since they were "friends" she could use his more formal name, Mr. J.

"Um, so Mr. J, no I don't have a boyfriend actually, but I'm awfully flattered that you'd think so."

After explaining for a long while that he relationships never seemed to work out, and how all the men she seemed to love her father disapproved of, or how they only used her, she broke into tears. She secretly thought it unprofessional to cry in front of her patient like that, and tell him her personal business, but since he indentified them as friends, she thought it a sure way to gain his trust.

She spoke to him about all her rotten boyfriends and saw they pain in his face as she explained to him how they did her wrong, even he opened up that before his accident he too loved a woman that did him wrong.

"- Oh yea Harley, I loved that woman from the depths of the earth, the depths of my heart and to the depths of my body {if you know what he meant} and she did me so wrong. So wrong. She slept all around with every single one of my friends. And then, the lady asks me to take her back, of course since I wanted to leave her for what she did. I mean, you would've seen me running to her like Whitney and the bodyguard and I would've forgiven every wrong she did to me, except she didn't have your gorgeous, ocean blue eyes. "

"Really?..."

She spoke dreamily, sighing here and there, her thoughts on the way he purred 'gorgeous, ocean blue eyes.' But instead she backed her statement up with a remark about how unfaithful women shouldn't be two faced if they want the mam they were with first. And that lead to the conversation of who she was interested in and who was he. They even switched spaces for a moment, so she'd be comfortable while sharing the situation, on the evaluation couch.

"Well Mr. J I mean, I do like a guy... I'm not sure if he's interested me in me or not, and I don't care about what people say anymore, but I know a problem is how people will react if we ever got together. I mean, but he's charming. He's... Certainly funny. He's handsome in my opinion and he's definitely misunderstood.. But, I know, like, I'm so serious that...the whole idea is dumb, it's...pretty crazy huh?"

"Ha! The guy reminds me of myself, oh but don't worry I know it's not me. Ahh that's the problem with being like me, surrounded by beauty but no one loves me. Anyway enough about me, let's get to your evaluation."

He looked at his "notes." Which consisted of a drawing that connected her head to silly body he drew.

"But honestly, no not at all. As a dedicated, career oriented woman, you felt the need to abstain from all amusement and fun. It's only natural you'd be attached to a man that could make you laugh... As for the handsome and misunderstood part, it's your mysterious nature that makes you attracted to a person that of course, only you would be compelled to."

"Oh! I knew you'd understand!"

"Anytime."

They spoke a while longer until of course, she had to go, her mind whirring after he flashed her a gentle smile and patted the seat next to him on the couch.

She went to join him and as she pulled his straight jacket back together, he looked up at her and met her baby blues. Without a word being said she slipped next to him and they just absorbed the each other's presence and before either knew it they locked into a kiss that sent Harleen wild. After they separated, he licked his lips and smiled.

"God, you taste like pudding..."

She jumped up, reaching into her bag and sneaking him a pudding under his jacket, for him to eat when he had the time to.

"Buh-bye Mr. J, see you next week."

"Bye Harley, I'll miss seeing you..."

Harleen walked out past the guards and bade them goodbye, and walked down the Joker's hallway in a silent bliss. Sliding into her car she tuned into her favorite oldies station and to her pleasant surprise Ol' Frankie was playing. "It had to be you" was on full blast in her car as she rode by the abandoned house she'd seen a while before. She backed up her car, so she was in front of the building and exited.

The lovestruck doctor walked up the long dirt pathway. Not it was looking like a mansion, she nearly swore by it. Entering, she pushing the creaky door in, and walked the stale floorboards. Walking in upon a dining room after making a turn, she fell in love with the old scenery, the smell of dust, ignored, due to her awe of the place. Ignoring her own self, she stopped exploring, leaving it for when they moved in. If and when they moved in.

She walked out the building and closed it up, despite the fact that no one would enter it anyway.

But entering her vehicle, she promised herself that she'd freshen it up and might just make it hers. When she reached her home she laid, still lovesick, on her couch, reminiscing about their session today. Promising herself that next week, during her meeting with the head psychoanalyst, she'd visit him and possibly sneak him another cup of pudding.

But if only she knew,

Harley was forming inside Harleen and she'd be summoned as sooner than she should be.