𝔂𝓸𝓾

Harleen was a bundle of nerves this morning. She reread her notes a thousand times, aligning them in chronological order for the 20th. The woman ran ragged for her binders and carefully arranged the sheets in order, placing them as if they were glass inside the plastic.

Today was her meeting with the head psychoanalyst, and her meeting would decide if she stood on the Joker's case or not, and boy were the odds against her.

Harleen was so busy having fun and talking to the Joker, of this and that and so on, that she forgot to collect information. She knew very well that it would be a far chance that she would stick on his case, but she hoped despite the odds.

The blonde ate her breakfast slowly, regretting the very moment that she decided notes weren't important. Sure, she got to know him, but at a price. Her job. -probably, she didn't know for sure yet though. After finishing her food off, Harleen grabbed slowly for her coffee, drinking it in a dark lament. Her hopes were to see him one last time, since the steaks that she did lose her job, were high. She had already mentally planned to see him before she left.

With a soft breath outwards she entered her car, starting out, of course slower than she'd usually do. The trip to work was relatively silent, and she recited what she was going to say to her every second of her drive.
The psychoanalyst was a woman- and not a very nice one- so naturally the psychiatrist knew, without her mental experience, that this woman was going to have to be treated like royalty. That's just how stuck up people are.

On her way to work her eyes caught a lively place and a small outfit on a mannequin in the window. Despite her sadness she stopped, eyeing the costume. Harleen stepped out of the car, and left her solemnity behind as she approached the red and black marvel.

"Huh, a jester costume, Mr. J'll get a kick out of this. Maybe I should wear it for Halloween next year."

She nodded approvingly to herself, and thought how only if she was still with him by next Halloween, she'd wear it.

Continuing her drive she finally pulled into the dark building, which looked sadder than usual that morning. Walking past the gates in a quiet sadness, Harleen instead passed the inmate Hall and kept up the elevator, watching the dial that indicated the floor move closer and closer to 5. She felt her heart hit the floor and the metal box stopped, jolting her and her binder, inside. Exiting the safe haven she walked into the quiet office wait room, the butterflies in her stomach accumulating with every step she took. Soon enough she dropped her pale body into a leather chair, and before she could rest herself they requested for her to enter to speak with Carmen. Harleen raised herself and walked into the cold office, resting her free hand at her side.

"Quinzel."

"Yes?... Ms. Amalae?"

Carmen asked to look at her notes and examined them, letting out a huff and sigh that signaled Harleen's assumptions were correct.

Before she was able to even get out a reprimanding word to her, an office assistant ran up with word that the Joker had gotten loose and to hide until the authorities showed up. Harleen felt a pain in her heart, the only thought she had was 'poor dear, he's so mistreated he's trying to escape.' and without a thought she found herself running down the stairs and onto his hallway.

"Mr. J? Mr. J?? I know your hurt, please, let me help you."

Her desperate calls were fruitless and there was no answer except the sounds of swift leather flashing passed her. Before her very eyes she saw him. -The Batman. He passed her faster than she could stop and restrain him in all her anger.

She then realized that the Joker wasn't too far from her, and the woman continued to call at him desperately, disregarding that Batman was pursuing him as well. Eventually Batman caught up to him and the sound of pummels filled the hall, and Harleen's coworkers surrounded Joker and Batman.