Chapter 21: Return

I wake up on Saturday to this banging on my front door. Ugh why do they have to bang so loudly?! I got up but then realized I was just in my shorts and sports bra. I need to find a shirt 'fore I go downstairs. I then spot my 'I woke up like this' tank top and throw it on. After like the 15th million bang on my door, I finally make my way downstairs. I look through the peephole but it's smudgy. We really need to clean that. I decided to open the door anyways. 

And I almost cried from what I saw.

Camila.

The girl I really like.

Who is close and dear to my heart.

With the clothes she had on when she left ripped and stained.

Bruises and gashes all along her arms, legs, and some bruises on her neck.

But as I look closer, I notice they aren't bruises.

I don't say anything about it, I just look at her in shock and worry and comfort.

Shock from the way she returned home.

Worried for what even happened to her.

And comfort with the fact that, with an exclusion of the wounds and injuries, she came back home okay.

"Where have you been?! I've been worried sick about you!" I pulled her into a hug and into the house.

"Well since you wanted to be with Lauren,..............................I decided to go back to Shawn." she had her head down, and I knew why.

She was disappointed in herself for going back to someone she knew was too toxic for her.

She was upset with the fact that she went so low just to get back at me.

But I just had one question.

"Where did you even find him?" I questioned, backing away from her.

"Well, when I had left, I went to the motel that was over by that elementary school on 5th Avenue and I had forgot he stayed over there. So when I went to the grocery store to get me some food, he saw me and then we started talking, and then he took me back to his place so I didn't end up spending all my money for a place." While she was saying all of this, she had this dreamy look in her eyes.

"Okay and then what happened? Explain the injuries." I said pointing at her body.

"Well he had apologized for everything he had did. And it was hard for me to not apologize to him. So then I accepted his apology and one thing led to another and we had sex." her cheeks were turning red, did she like that? The fact that him and her had sex?

"That doesn't explain the wounds." I said putting on a serious face.

"Oh well, you see when I was walking back here, yes I walked because the tension between me and Shawn was a little off considering the fact of everything that had happened. So on my way back here, I saw this pit bull. I wanted to pet it but I didn't notice the 'beware dog' sign so when I went over to pet it, I also didn't notice the dog didn't have a leash on either so. I pretty much asked for this." she was looking anywhere but me by this point because she had all this stuff going on.

"Well how 'bout you go upstairs and get cleaned up and into some new clothes while I cook dinner okay?" I started to back away because I had so many thoughts going through my mind right now. I just....I don't know.

"Uhh yeah that could work out but uh Y/N we nee-" but before she could finish her sentence I was already leaving to the kitchen.

Uggghhhhhh!!!! Why out of all the people and possibilities did she go back to him? And it's not just the fact that they had sex but also the fact that she enjoyed it! I don't know what to do. Maybe I should just give up. I can't seem to keep her interest enough for her to not go back to the same guy that treated her bad.

I don't know. 

I began to look through the cabinets and fridge to see what I could make. Salisbury steaks or Lemon-Pepper chicken? Mmm Salisbury steaks. So I took those out and I got some mac and cheese with some mashed potatoes.

I put the steaks in the oven and then the side dishes in pots on the stove. 

It took an hour but I got the food all cooked and together. As I was taking out the food, I heard footsteps  coming down the stairs. I turned to see Camila in some shorts and a tank top.

"Food's done I'll be in my room if you need me." I picked up my plate of food and headed upstairs. I really don't feel like talking right now. I just want to eat my food and go to bed that's it.

So that's what I'm gonna do.