Chapter 25: I Made My Choice

After a long time of thinking, I finally made my decision. I know what I wanna do.

________________________________________________________________________________

I finally made it to the house but I just put my car in park. 

Ugh do I really wan to do this.

Like this is a very life-changing moment, well not really but then again it is. I don't want to disappoint the other girl because I chose one over the other. I want to able to still hang out with them like before-hand when we were younger.

I still remember that one time when I was little and we went out to eat and got some tacos. And the face she made when she took that first bite was heavenly. The way her face contorted was funny too.

I still hope we can have times like that after all this is over.

I finally got the courage to get out the car and walk up the steps. When I reached the door, I knocked on it and waited. I know someone is here because there are cars in the driveway.

Finally, someone opened the door and I saw her. She was standing there in all her glory and I just couldn't hold back anymore.

I grabbed her by the waist and pulled her into me and gave her the most passionate kiss I could.

Once we pulled apart, she just looked at me in amazement by the fact that....

I just kissed my best friend.

And it wasn't like any other time when we would be drunk off our asses and make out or we would be really turned on and then have make out sessions.

This was a real kiss, that showed real feelings, and u could honestly say I like my best friend more than what I'm supposed to.

"What was that for?" She was wide eyed and u can understand that. I mean who wouldn't be surprised to open the door and get a kiss like that out of nowhere?

"Well I guess it's just my way of expressing my interest in you." I backed away and put my hand on my neck. I thought the kiss was gon to help get my point across but it seems as though I have to explain.

"Wait you like me?" Her green eyes widening once again and I'm scared if I should answer with the truth.

"Yes I uh like you Lauren. Quite a lot actually. And i hope that you also perhaps maybe kinda sorta a little bit like me too?" My voice got higher as I was saying that sentence showing my nervousness as if I was a 5 year old lying to their mom about taking cookies from the snack cabinet.

"Well I don't know what to say, but I can say this," she began to walk towards me and I didn't move. Not one muscle it was like i was stuck in place. "I have had feelings for you since  the beginning of college."

Now that took me all the way off guard.

"Wait. The beginning of college? Wasn't that when you and Luis were dating?" I was confused how could you like me when you were dating someone and then still like me when they died?

Not to sound dumb or anything but wouldn't you be drawn closer to that person because of their passing? I don't know.

"Yeah but before all that happened I started to catch feelings for you. You were becoming popular between our friends and everything and I just wanted more of that attention. But then I realized I just wanted more of your attention." She shrugged her shoulders and tilted her head to the side as if it wasn't a big deal.

"Oh okay well I like you too and I came here to ask, would you like to go on a date with me sometime?" I kept rubbing my hands together, I was so nervous.

"Yeah I wouldn't mind that just tell me the time and place." She started backing up and soon enough she closed the door and I was there alone with my thoughts.

I wonder how Camila is going to take all of this and how she's going to handle it.