Chapter 22: More Issues Pt. 1

I woke up the next morning to a knocking on my window. What the fuck? Do they not know I have a door? Ugh people these days I tell ya.

I took the covers off me and got up. I walked over to my window and opened the curtains to see Dinah.

"Dinah what the hell are you doing knocking on my window instead of the door?" I said after opening the window.

She pulled herself up through the window and came in.

"So uhh you know how Mani and I are together?" she seemed nervous asking me this. She was twiddling with her thumbs and that tends to happen more with Ally than Dinah so whatever happened, must've been something bad.

"Yeah, I know. What happened Dinah?" I took a seat on my bed and patted the spot next to me.

She made her way over and continued talking, "Well we had went to a party last night and we were having the time of or lives, you now? Drinking, playing, and doing everything we could think of. But then one thing led to me drinking to much and I was drunk off my ass. I didn't even know who it was touching all up on me so I just figured it was Mani. So we went upstairs and had a good time. But then when I woke up, I turned over and seen..."she paused. she just stopped and stared off.

I waved my hand in front of her face but it wasn't until then I noticed she was crying.

"Hey what's wrong DJ? Who was it that you saw?" I brought her into me, cradling her in my arms.

"Kehlani." she whispered it so softly but I heard it. I heard it so clearly it was like seeing it through glass.

Kehlani. Dinah's ex. Not only her ex but her first love. They had the best relationship. They had been together since 5th grade. But when Kehlani's parents said that they were moving to Australia in our freshmen year, she was heart broken. She didn't know when she would see her again. But then she caught feelings for Normani and then I don't know when they started dating.

"You sure it was her? Maybe it was just some-" 

"I know for a fact it was her! I remember who was my first love. She looks so different now. Her hair is shorter and she has a nose piercing now. And she has all these tattoos on her. I don't know what to do Y/N."she came teary eyed after speaking.

Oh no so this might mean that she wants to get back with Kehlani. But then where would that leave Mani at?

"Hey hey it's okay. But I just need to know one thing." I just needed to know.

She looked up at me and nodded her head, wiping the tears from her face.

"Do you still have feelings for her?" I hoped that she would say no, but I honestly don't know what to think at this point.

"I mean I had a little feeling but when I got with Normani, it was like everything went away. But Seeing her and knowing what we did last night, I was hit with so many emotions that I think I still love her Y/N." she looked down.

"And Normani? What about her in all of this?" 

"I don't want to hurt her. But I just don't know what to do anymore. I have feelings for Normani but all the old feelings I had for Kehlani just came back and slapped me in the face. But then again it's been so long and I don't even know if things would be the same if we got back together. I'm pretty positive we've changed a lot over the years, I know I have. So what if we were to get together? Would things be bad? Would things be good?" She was starting to question things.

"Dinah what you need to do is take a few seconds and breathe and listen. Right now what you're doing is questioning things you don't even know for sure will happen. And plus on top of that what about Normani? You also need to talk to her about this you need to be honest. I mean she has to know you had sex with someone else. And plus that someone else being an ex and your first love." I finished.

But after I finished my rant, Dinah and I heard a gasp and we turned our heads.