when you're stuck in a bathroom

"Are we sure that it's Jigsaw who put us in here?" Vivian asked. She sat with her back flat against the wall and her legs stretched out in front of her.  Lawrence told her and Adam what he knew about Jigsaw.

"I'm sure" Lawrence said

"How do I know that you're telling the truth?" Adam asked. It was more directed to Lawrence than Vivian. "You could be the one that put us in this room!"

"I'm in exactly the same situation you two are in" 

"Wrong!" Adam stood up, the chain pulling on his ankle. "You've got one thing I don't. Information! You know who did this!" He picked up a piece of the broken mirror. "Now you either tell me what's going on or I'll cut you with this! You hear me, I'll cu---" He stopped when he noticed something odd about the piece of glass. It was transparent but when he looked at the other side, it was his reflection.

"What is it?" Vivian asked

"It's a two way mirror" Vivian stood up and took off the sweater she was wearing. She wrapped it around her fist and punched the mirror. The glass shattered and a surveillance camera was revealed. Adam spoke again. "So that's what this is. Reality tv. Can you hear me in there? I'm having a blast. This is the most fun I've had without lubricant" He proceeded to try and throw things at the camera. "Make sure you're getting everything"

"That's not going to do anything" Lawrence said

"You just want to leave it running on us" 

"I agree with Adam. I'm not comfortable knowing that someone is watching us through that thing" Vivian said

"We won't stop it. That's why we can't cut through these chains. That's why you won't break that glass. Every possible angle has been pre thought out" Lawrence said

"You sound like you admire this prick" Adam said

"To overcome something, you have to understand what a perfect engine it is. That's how you fight disease. Now that tape told us to find an X. There has to be an X somewhere in this room. Help me find it"

"How can you be the calm doctor guy, when you're wife and kid are out there? He's got them too. He could be doing anything to them right now. Are you thinking about that?"

"I am thinking about that. I've been thinking about the last thing I've said to my daughter" As Lawrence and Adam had their argument, Vivian's mind drifted back to Michelle. The last time she saw her, was one of the rare nights that Vivian got really drunk. 

~

It was about one o'clock in the morning. Michelle got up when she heard the doorbell ring numerous times. She put on her robe and went to answer the front door. It was Vivian and she looked really dazed.

"Hey there, sissy" Vivian slurred.

"You've been drinking, haven't you?" Michelle asked

"M-maybe, but I only had like three drinks. Maybe four"

"Well judging from your breath, it smells more like fifteen. What have I told you about drinking? You were doing so well on your sobriety and you've been meeting with your therapist"

"I miss him Michelle"

"That's no excuse to get drunk. How did you get here? Did you walk? You know at this hour is when the creeps like to come out and search for their prey?"

"I don't need you to worry about me all the time"

"But I do. Whether you're drunk or not" 

"Yeah but---" Vivian stopped when she threw up and fell to the ground. Then she started to cry. Michelle crouched beside her, and started to rub her back. "I'm sorry Michelle"

"It's okay, sweetheart. Why don't come in, and throw on a pair of  jammies? I'll pull out the couch for you and you can spend the night" Vivian nodded as Michelle helped her up and inside the house.

~

"Would you like to see her?" Lawrence asked, knocking Vivian out of her thoughts. Lawrence reached into his pocket and got out his wallet, which he threw to Adam. "Vivian, are you okay?"

"Yeah. Just thinking about my sister. I hope she's okay" Vivian responded. Adam looked at the pictures in Lawrence's wallet.

"She's beautiful" Adam said, referring to Diana. "You gonna have any more kids?"

"We've talked about it, but with our schedules it's difficult enough to concentrate on one" Lawrence said. 

"So where's the lucky wife?" 

"There's another picture behind the one you're looking at. It's my favorite one because we're all in it together. Someone, usually me, always has to hold the camera which means I'm usually missing from the photos"

The photo Lawrence was talking about, wasn't there. Instead, it was a photo of Alison and Diana tied up and gagged. Adam looked at the back of the photo.

X marks the spot. Sometimes you see more with your eyes shut.