another accomplice

Vivian woke up when she heard her phone vibrating on her bedside table. She picked it up, and saw that she had a message from Amanda.

I need to meet with you today. I have something important to discuss with you.

Okay. Just give me a time and place.

Actually, I'll come pick you up.

Vivian put her phone down. Adam, who was laying beside her, wrapped his arm around her waist. 

"Is everything okay?" he asked.

"Yeah. Amanda just texted me. She wants to meet up today" Vivian replied. She turned around so that she was facing Adam. He couldn't help but admire her. 

"You know the first day I met you, I knew you were gonna be mine someday"

"Oh yeah? What made you so sure of that?" 

"Well, you're my girlfriend now, aren't you?"

"I suppose I am" She pressed her lips against his. 

~

Later that night...

Amanda sat outside in a van, waiting for her best friend. John wanted to see Vivian. They were going to start another game soon, and he wanted both Amanda and Vivian to be apart of it. Amanda had a knife that she was twirling in her hand. She thought back to last night. Her brain was implanted with the images of Vivian and Adam together. It made her angry. Not at Vivian though, but at Adam. The person who stole Vivian from her. Why couldn't he just have been left in the bathroom? With an angry growl, she stabbed the knife into the dashboard.

"Woah, Amanda. Is everything alright?" Amanda was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't even notice that Vivian had opened the door. 

"Yeah. I'm fine" Amanda replied.

"You sure? I mean, stabbing the dashboard-"

"I said I'm fine!" 

"Okay! Please don't get mad at me" Amanda smiled and looked over at her best friend. She could feel her anger disappear when she saw her beautiful face. 

"I could never be mad at you" 

~

They arrived at the warehouse. Amanda told Vivian why they were here, but there was one small detail that she was leaving out. It was about someone else who worked with John. She wanted to tell Vivian about this person before she saw him. She knew how Vivian felt about him.

"You okay Viv? You seem nervous" Amanda asked.

"Just a little. This will be my first time helping with a game and not be an actual victim of it" Vivian said.

"I promise you, everything will be fine. John will tell you everything you need to do, and it's important that you follow the rules"

"Thanks Amanda" Vivian grabbed her hand.

"Look, there's something else you should know" 

"Whatever it is, you can tell me later" Amanda gave her a weak smile, and nodded. Without letting go of each other's hands, they entered the warehouse. 

"Amanda?" a deep voice said. Vivian's face dropped when she recognized whose voice it was. Amanda look over at Viv, and squeezed her hand. He had found them, and his eyes fell upon Amanda. "We were starting to think you weren't going to show up"

"Sorry I'm late but I had to get our new accomplice" Amanda said. He looked over to Vivian, and an instant smirk fell upon his face. 

"Miss Goodwin"

"Detective Hoffman"