surprise visitor

After Vivian was done catching up with Adam, she left the room. Amanda was sitting on a table, blankly staring at the wall with blood dripping down her hand.

"Oh my God. Amanda, what happened?" Vivian asked.

"Huh?" Amanda replied, coming back to reality. She looked at her hand and shrugged. "I don't know. I just cut my hand. It's no big deal"

"Yes it is. You're bleeding" Vivian searched around for some gauze. She found some and walked over to Amanda. She grabbed her bloodied hand and wrapped the gauze around it. Amanda stared at her while she did so. "Does that feel okay?"

"It feels fine. If you're ready to go home, I'll take you to Michelle. I'll even take Adam if you want"

"Thanks Amanda. I'd really appreciate that" Vivian wrapped her arms around Amanda, pulling her into a hug. Amanda smiled, wrapping her arms around her in return and nuzzled her face into Vivian's neck.

~

Amanda took Vivian and Adam over to Michelle's house. She pulled up into the driveway.

"Well, here we are" Amanda said.

"Thanks Amanda. I hope Michelle won't be mad at me" Vivian said. Adam grabbed her hand and she looked over to him. Amanda watched the two in the rear view mirror.

"She's your sister. Why would she be mad?" he asked.

"The last time I saw her, it was the rare occasion I was drunk out of my mind. Then I go three or four days without calling because I was chained by my feet to a pipe in some bathroom"

"That was not your fault. Don't blame yourself"

"She probably called the cops or something" Vivian noticed a familiar car in the driveway. It wasn't Michelle and Allen's car. "Wait, I know whose car that is" Vivian got out of the car and approached the front door. Amanda and Adam shortly followed after her. She knocked on the door, wincing at the slight pain in her shoulder.

"You okay?" Adam asked.

"Yeah. It's just my shoulder"

"Like I said, both of you should get to a hospital" Amanda said. The door was opened by Allen. He was shocked but relieved to see Vivian at the door.

"Viv? Oh my God, Viv! You're okay! Come in, all of you" Allen said. The three of them followed Allen to the living room. "Honey, she's here! She's okay! We found her, Detective" Once they got to the living room, Vivian was relieved to see Michelle, and surprised to see Detective Hoffman.

"Vivian" Michelle said. She got up from the couch, and went over to her sister. She hugged her tight, making Vivian wince. "Sis, are you okay? Are you hurt?"

"Yeah, I'm okay. My shoulder just got injured. It's a long story that I'll tell you later" Vivian said. She looked over to Detective Hoffman and they locked eyes with each other. "What's Detective Hoffman doing here?"

"Your sister came to the station and reported you missing. She had reason to believe that your ex had something to do with it. Can I talk to you in private, Vivian?" Hoffman said.

"Yeah, sure"

"Adam, Amanda. Why don't you come into the kitchen? Dinner's almost ready" Michelle said. Everyone went into the kitchen, leaving Vivian and the detective alone. She sat beside him on the couch.

"Do you want to tell me where you were?" Hoffman asked. Vivian didn't want to tell him what really happened so she came up with something different.

"I was staying with Amanda for a few days. I guess I just forgot to call" she said.

"Okay. How did you hurt your shoulder?"

"I tripped and fell funny. Look, Detective. I'm fine. I haven't heard anything from Warren in a while and if I do, I'll let you know" Hoffman wasn't buying her story but he knew he wasn't going to get anywhere with her. At least not tonight.

"Alright. I won't waste your time with anymore questions" Hoffman put his hand on Vivian's knee and she got that uncomfortable feeling. "If anything does come up, don't hesitate to call me" He got up to leave but before he did, he gave Vivian a smirk and a wink. Moments after he left, Adam came into the living room.

"Dinner's ready. You okay?" he asked.

"Yeah. I'm starving"