desperate measures

The phone started ringing again. Lawrence answered it, thinking it was Zep on the other end.

"Is that you Zep, you bastard!?" Lawrence said. Both Vivian and Adam stood up. "I know its you, you son of a bitch!"

"Larry?" Alison spoke.

"Ally?"

"You failed" Lawrence became concerned when he heard sounds of a struggle. 

"Hello? Hello?"

"Larry?"

"Ally! Honey, are you all right?"

"No, we're not. Get down! Larry, where are you?"

"I don't know. I'm being held captive in a room somewhere"

"What? What are you talking about?"

"I'm so sorry, Ally"

"Honey, we need you here"

"I'm sorry for everything. It's my fault. Please forgive me. I've always been happy with you"

"Mommy!" Diana cried out. Gun shots followed and Lawrence went into a panic.

"Ally! Ally!" The screams and gunshots continued. Lawrence broke down and started crying. That was until his chain electrocuted him, the way Adam's did earlier.

"Lawrence?" Vivian asked. Both her and Adam were frightened. They looked to each other before looking at Lawrence again.

"Lawrence, get up!" Adam said. The two of them tried to get closer to him but their chains prevented them from doing so. "Lawrence! Get up!"

"Please! We need you!" Vivian and Adam started throwing rocks at him in an attempt to get him up. Lawrence started moving. "Thank God"

"We thought you were dead" 

"He electrocuted me" Lawrence said

"I told you! The same thing happened to me, see? I wasn't lying, see?" Adam said. Lawrence tugged at his chain.

"Fuck this shit!" he screamed. He continued tugging at the chain until the phone started ringing again. He tried reaching for it desperately. He couldn't so he tried using the box to reach it. It wasn't enough. Adam and Vivian were both panic stricken watching him breakdown. 

"Lawrence, calm down" 

"There's got to be a way out of this" Vivian said

"Shut up both of you! Shut up! My family needs me!" Lawrence said. He let out screams of rage as he pulled on the chain. Then he snapped. He began to unbutton his shirt. Adam and Vivian were trying their best to calm him down.

"Lawrence, there's a way out of here" Lawrence tied his shirt around his leg, above where the chain was resting on his ankle. The other two knew what he was about to do. Vivian started hyperventilating, unable to speak and Adam was trying to talk Lawrence out of what he was about to do.

"No! What are you doing?" Adam asked. Lawrence made sure the shirt was tied tight around his ankle, biting the sleeve of his shirt. He grabbed the saw, and began to cut off his own foot. Adam started screaming and Vivian went pale. While she didn't pass out, she did fall to the ground. Her hand landed on a shard of glass, slicing into her skin. However, she was too much in shock too even notice. When Lawrence was done, he threw the saw across the room. Lawrence crawled over to the phone, picking it up with a bloody hand. Adam was still freaking out. Lawrence crawled over to the dead body and grabbed the gun that was in his hand.

"What are you doing?" Vivian asked. He loaded the gun with a bullet. She stood up and tried to walk over to him, but her own chain prevented that from happening. He was going to kill Adam and she didn't want him to.

"Lawrence don't!" Adam begged.

"Don't kill him Lawrence! Kill me instead! Just please don't kill Adam!" Vivian begged. Lawrence didn't listen to her and pointed the gun at Adam.

"Lawrence, it's not me who did this to you!" 

"Let him live! Kill me instead!" 

"You have to die. I'm sorry...my family" Lawrence said. He fired the gun. The bullet hit Adam in the upper chest area and he fell to the ground. Vivian screamed out.

"No! Adam!" she cried, finally letting tears leave her eyes. She tried crawling over to him, her chain giving her just enough length so that she could grab him. She began crying into Adam's shirt. Lawrence started to cry again.

"I've done it! Now show them to me!" The door opened. Both Lawrence and Vivian looked to see Zep. He had a gun in his hand. Lawrence grabbed onto his leg. 

"You bastard! I'll fucking kill you!" he tried to shoot Zep with the gun he shot Adam with but there were no bullets. Zep walked over to Adam, and started kicking him, checking to see that he was dead.

"Stop it! Leave him alone!" Vivian said. She gripped onto Zep's leg. He shot her in the shoulder, making her cry out in pain and let go of him. She clutched her wounded shoulder and began weeping. Zep pointed the gun at Lawrence.

"You're too late" Zep said

"Why?" Lawrence asked.

"It's the rules" Lawrence prepared himself for his impending death but Zep was pulled down to the ground when Adam grabbed him by the ankle. After a bit of a struggle, Adam grabbed the lid from the back of the toilet. He beat Zep to death with it.