reunion

Amanda arrived to the bathroom. She hesitated to open the door. She knew how Adam felt about Vivian, and she knew Vivian felt the exact same way about him. It made Amanda's heart twist with jealousy. John, however, wanted her to let him free and she didn't want to disappoint him. She opened the door and turned on the flashlight. She pointed the light towards Adam. He was still asleep. She walked over to him and kneeled beside him.

"Adam" she whispered. She placed her hand under Adam's nose. She could feel hot air. "Adam, wake up" His eyes slowly opened.

"Amanda..." he murmured. He turned his head slightly and noticed that Vivian was gone. He went into a panic. "Vivian, where is she? Is she okay? Is she dead?"

"Viv is fine" Amanda reached for the lock on Adam's chain and unlocked it with the extra key. "I'm gonna take you to her" She helped Adam get up. She helped to support him as the two of them left.

~

Vivian had garnered enough strength to begin walking around. She decided to take a look around. During her exploration, she discovered many of John's blueprints, traps and tools. She found it all rather fascinating.

"Feeling better already?" John's voice spooked her.

"A little, yes. Is everything here your design?" Vivian asked.

"Yes, and I've built everything too. Somethings I have some help with"

"I've thought about your question and I've come up with my answer. I'd like to help you" In response, John put his hand on her shoulder.

"If you choose to join me, know that there is no turning back"

"I thought clearly about this and my answer is yes"

"Am I interrupting?" Amanda spoke.

"No, not all. Vivian has decided to aid in our cause"

"I told you she would" Amanda approached Vivian, and took her hands. "There's someone here who wants to see you"

~

Amanda brought Vivian to a room where Adam was fast asleep.

"He's fine. Just a bit starved and dehydrated. I already gave him some food and water. He's got a wound in his shoulder, but it's not as serious as yours was. I'd still take him to a hospital, and you should probably go too" Amanda said. Vivian nodded and sat at Adam's bedside. She placed her hand on Adam's and wrapped her fingers around it. He responded by wrapping his hand around hers, and giving it a squeeze. His eyes opened and fell upon Vivian.

"Viv?" he said.

"Yes, Adam. It's me. You're okay. We're both okay" Vivian said. She looked up at Amanda and noticed the bitter look she was giving Adam, but decided to ignore it. "Amanda, do you think you could leave us alone?"

"Yeah. Sure" Amanda said. She left the room, giving the two some privacy. Adam managed to sit up in his bed. Vivian's arms wrapped around him. She was careful enough not to hurt his shoulder.

"I thought you were dead Viv. You passed out and I thought you were never gonna wake up again. I didn't want you to leave me" Adam said.

"Adam, I'm never going to leave you. I promise" Vivian said. She touched her forehead with his. "I love you Adam"

"I love you too Viv" Their lips pressed against each other, and they shared their first kiss. Little did they know, Amanda was listening and heard everything that they said. She felt anger and jealousy boiling in her stomach. She grabbed the nearest sharp object, and squeezed it in her hand. Blood dripped down onto the floor, but she didn't care.

Vivian was mine first. She'll always be mine.